We’ve been hinting at it and now it’s time to reveal. Global Headline Sponsors Nokia have been quite busy preparing some amazing activities for SMW12. Our heads are awhirl with everything going on! From Singapore to London to New York, see Nokia in action
Swing by the Global Society Hub at Big Fuel to see Agora, Nokia’s social visualizer. With 6 screens aggregating data as it comes out, displaying the latest videos, photos, and texts, it’s truly a sight to see. And it’s right next to the Global Nokia Stage, hosting our daily Guardian interviews with select keynotes.
Then, catch the Nokia Cab! Need a lift around town? You’ll want to follow #NokiaConnects to hear where the Nokia Cab will be stationed.
Finally, Nokia was behind SMWNYC’s opening party, with some fun surprises in store for those in attendance. Checking in on Foursquare released a special task in order to gain access to a magical performance.
Photo fan? Like a good scavenger hunt? Then, check out Hong Kong Fashion Geek Photo Hunt, powered by Nokia.
Then, since it’s Valentine’s Day, you knew it was coming. Dating + Twitter = DWITTER. On this night reserved for romance, we’ll be pairing up attendees. Bring your smartphones!
Wind down your week with a little trivia fun! Fashion Brands vs Fashion Bloggers Quiz Night Mixer will pit Hong Kong’s most hip fashion bloggers with the most tech-savvy brands in a quiz night to find out who knows more about the Hong Kong fashion scene. The night has some amazing surprises in store for the winning team and participating audience members. Don’t be shy!
Finally, cap off SMWHK with the SMWHK12 Wrap Party, Powered by Nokia! This closing party will feature the first SMWHK12 Awards. SMWHK and Nokia will award the most active communicators from the city, looking for the Best Photo, Best Video, and Most Active Sharer. Get tweeting!
Singapore and Nokia are bringing the activity online and want you to participate in some rather unique ways!
Start off by telling us what makes your day amazing. Amazing Everyday Singapore, powered by Nokia, is an online collection of the amazing things happening everyday in Singapore. Post your favorite images to Facebook or tweet us with a caption and the hashtags #amazingeveryday #smwsg. Each day, pictures will be collated, printed and added to the Nokia Amazing Everyday Singapore photo wall.
Then, help discover if Man Can Live On Social Media Alone Experiment. In conjunction with Social Media Week, Can Man Live on Social Media Alone? powered by Nokia, is a daring cross-city social experiment to evaluate whether one intrepid traveller can depend on nothing but the goodwill of locals and the power of social media to survive in a foreign city for one week. From 9 – 15 February, Daphne (#CanManSG) and Martin (#CanManLondon) will trade cities, power up their social media channels and prepare for the best (or worst). They’ll need your help, so don’t be afraid to get involved!
Nokia Lumia House Open Weeklong / Hosting Social Surgery Sessions is providing drop-in surgeries for businesses with social media questions. This one-on-one time with experts on various aspects of social media – from managing Facebook pages through to analytics, social media policy, using Twitter effectively and all stops in between- will run Mon 13th – Weds 15th Feb 2012 (9am – 5pm) at Nokia Lumia House in Central Soho.
Nokia also was behind the SMW London Opening Party at SNR Denton.
A very social company, indeed. Want more? See Nokia at these events around the globe, and keep up with the conversation by using #SMW12 and #NokiaConnects.
Monday, February 13
- 1-3pm in London: Bridging the Social Media Skills Gap at Design Council
- 1-3pm in New York: Keynote: Valerie Buckingham on This is Your Brand on Ziplines: Authenticity through Social Media followed by Beyond Borders: Impact of Social Media in a Global Economy (Livestream)
- 6:30-8:30pm in New York: SMW Global Opening VIP Reception. Making it magical and amazing, Nokia has some surprises in store for these attendees.
- 6-9pm in San Francisco: SMW San Francisco VIP Kickoff Party, Powered by Nokia at Project One
Wednesday, February 15
- 9:30-11:30am in Hong Kong: Social Commerce for Brands & SME’s
- 4:30-6:30pm in Hong Kong: How to Create a Successful Media Competition
- 11-1pm in London: Social Media: Teenage of the Species at Design Council
- 9-12pm in New York: Social Business by Design
- 2:30-4pm in London: The Nokia Social Innovation Lab at Design Council
- 4-5pm in New York: The Future of Sharing: An Analysis and Prediction of Online Sharing Trends
- 7-9pm in New York: COMMON Pitch Event, sponsored by Nokia
Thursday, February 16
- 11-2pm in Singapore: Can Man Live On Social Media Alone? (panel wrap) at Rajah & Tann
- 4:15-5pm in Singapore: Afternoon Speakeasy: How Nokia Got Social at Rajah & Tann
- 9-11am in London: The Future of Sharing: An Analysis and Prediction of Online Sharing Trends at Design Council
- 11-1pm in London: Inside the Firewall: The Social Business Revolution at Design Council
- 8pm in Singapore: #TweetJams- Sixx and Syndicate present Singapore’s first crowdsourced gig
- 9-11am in New York: Brands as Publishers: Writing and Publishing Content at Scale at JWT
- 6-10pm in London: SMW London Closing Party at The Penthouse
- 1-2pm in San Francisco: The Future of Sharing: An Analysis and Prediction of Online Sharing Trends at San Francisco State University
- 4-5pm in San Francisco: VC/Startup Office Hours at San Francisco State University. Take a chance and give your best elevator pitch to founders and VCs from around Silicon Valley.