1) ELIGIBILITY: The Concrete Jungle Contest (“Contest”) is open only to legal residents of Brazil, Canada (except the province of Quebec), China, Colombia, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, Qatar, the UK and the USA (except the state of Arizona), unless prohibited or restricted by law, who at the date of entry are of the age of majority in their state/province/country of residence. Entries by residents of any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. By entering the Contest, you accept and acknowledge that you are competing with individuals outside of your country of residence. Employees of Crowdcentric Media, LLC (“Sponsor”), its subsidiaries, affiliates, local organizational partners and promotional partners, as well as the immediate family and household members of such employees, are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial, municipal, and local laws and regulations. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2) TO ENTER: The Contest begins 12:00 a.m. U.S. Eastern Time on August 24, 2012 and ends 11:59 p.m. U.S. Eastern Time on September 14, 2012 (“Promotion Period”). You are automatically entered when you have successfully completed ALL of the following three (3) actions:
(1) Create a ‘stylebook’ (“Stylebook”) on www.stylesaint.com that showcases the style of a city;
(2) Ensure that the name of your Stylebook contains the name of the city you chose;
(3) Send a public ‘tweet’ about your Stylebook that contains both (a) a link to the Stylebook and (b) the hashtag #MyConcreteJungle
Only submissions that have also been shared via Twitter in the previously described manner will be considered. Entries are prohibited that include any content that is defamatory, obscene or otherwise inappropriate, in Sponsor’s sole judgment. Upon your successful ‘tweet’ as described above, you automatically receive one (1) Contest entry. There is no limit of submitted entries per person during the Promotion Period. Normal Internet access and phone/usage charges imposed by your online/phone service may apply and shall be the entrants’ sole responsibility, if applicable. The computer clock of Sponsor’s administrator is the official timekeeping device of the Contest.
3) SELECTION OF WINNERS: Three (3) of the winning entries, including the Grand Prize winning entry, will be selected by StyleSaint-appointed judges. Entries will be judged on the Stylebook’s uniqueness and the ability to capture the style of their subject city. Two (2) additional winning entries will be selected by community voting. Votes will be counted based on the number of StyleSaint ‘hearts’. The five winners will be featured on the Social Media Week and StyleSaint websites. Selections will be administered by the Administrator, and such selections shall be final, binding and indisputable in all matters relating to the Contest. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
4) PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”):
There will be one (1) Grand Prize Winner, who will receive one (1) package to travel to Los Angeles, California during Social Media Week September 2012 (ARV of USD 2,500). The package for one (1) person for three (3) days / two (2) nights will consist of:
• Round trip coach class airfare for one (1) person from a major airport near the Grand Prize Winner’s place of residence to a major airport near Los Angeles;
• Accommodation for one (1) person for two (2) nights in Los Angeles;
• One (1) Nokia Lumia 900 device pre-loaded with the StyleSaint application
All other expenses not specified herein are not included in the Grand Prize, including but not limited to: transportation to or from the Grand Prize Winner’s home from or to the airport; additional transportation; airline baggage fees; all meals for the Grand Prize Winner in connection with travel to or stay in Los Angeles; applicable taxes; telephone, fax or cable charges imposed while using any accommodations; personal services and expenses such as laundry, valet, room service; gratuities; optional tours; travel visas; insurance; medical travel documents; and other incidental costs and any other costs not specifically stated herein as being included. The Grand Prize does not include any applicable federal, state, provincial or local taxes. Such additional expenses are solely the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner.
Trip and travel reservations will be arranged through the Sponsor or Sponsor’s agent, and all reservations must be made at least five (5) days prior to departure date. Sponsor undertakes no responsibility to facilitate any travel itinerary changes after five (5) days prior to departure date. Hotel accommodations provided by Sponsor must begin on or after September 24, 2012 and end on or before September 28, 2012. Airline and hotel restrictions may apply.
There will be four (4) additional Prize winners, who will each receive a package (ARV $900) comprised of one (1) Visa gift card with a pre-paid value of US$400 and one (1) Nokia Lumia 900 device pre-loaded with StyleSaint application.
Prize values may fluctuate based on demand and availability and winner’s point of travel origin, if applicable. Any differences between the stated ARV and the actual value will not be awarded. In the event a winner elects not to use all designated prize components associated with their prize, that winner will not be afforded any additional compensation or exchange therefore.
The Prizes do not include any payments for applicable federal, state, provincial or local taxes. Such additional expenses are solely the responsibility of the winner.
No winner may receive more than one (1) prize each. Each prize is non-transferable and no substitution is allowed. The winners will be notified by Twitter or by email.
5) LICENSE: By entering the Contest, all entrants grant Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the entries (with or without a name credit), in whole or in part, for any educational, promotional, publicity, archival, exhibition or other non-commercial purpose, in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest or otherwise, in any media now or hereafter known, including, but not limited to: display on the Social Media Week website or social media accounts and display at Social Media Week events. Sponsor will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with licensed uses. Display or publication of any entry by Sponsor does not indicate the entrant will be selected as a winner. Sponsor does not claim any ownership of the copyright to any images submitted. Entrants may continue to use images submitted to the Contest for any commercial or non-commercial purposes permitted by law and in compliance with these Official Rules.
6) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, ALL ENTRANTS AGREE TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR AND THEIR PARTNERS, AFFILIATES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AGENTS AND ALL OF THEIR EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THEIR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITIES AND THE ACCEPTANCE AND USE, MISUSE, OR POSSESSION OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED HEREUNDER.
7) GENERAL RULES: Potential prize winners will be required to return an affidavit or declaration of compliance with these Official Rules (except where prohibited by law) within two (2) days of written notification attempt by Sponsor or the Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. If the winner is a Canadian resident, he/she must answer an unaided and time-limited arithmetic skill-testing question as a condition to receiving a prize. If the winner is a resident of the USA, or otherwise subject to taxation in the USA, he/she must provide his/her Social Security Number, address and other information in order for Sponsor to comply with its tax reporting duties as required by law within five (5) days of written request by Sponsor or the Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Applicable taxes or surcharges related to the prize are the sole and exclusive responsibility of winner. Sponsor shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a potential winner for any reason. Winning is contingent on fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules. Acceptance of prizes constitutes permission to use winners’ names, likenesses, photographs, voices, opinions and/or hometown and states/provinces/countries for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration except where prohibited by law. Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates and its vendors assume no responsibility or liability for damages, losses or injury resulting from acceptance or use/misuse of prizes. Any fees, duties, or tariffs required to accept delivery of any prize is the sole responsibility of winner. In the event of a dispute, entries made over the Internet will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the Twitter account used to ‘tweet’ the image at the time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is deemed the natural person who is assigned to a Twitter account by Twitter, Inc. Each potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the Twitter account associated with the winning entry. If for any reason the online portion of the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the online portion of the Contest and award prizes from among all eligible online survey entries received prior to cancellation or termination and all eligible mailed entries received. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, damaged, lost, late entries, or for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest which may limit the ability to participate or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Contest. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for any typographical error in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the Contest prizes. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for damages to user’s system occasioned by participating in the Contest or downloading any information to participate in the Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to amend or change these Official Rules at any time, if deemed necessary or advisable in Sponsor’s sole discretion, without prior notice. By entering into this Contest, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and judges’ decisions.
8.) GOVERNING LAW: The Contest and the rights and obligations of the entrants will be governed and controlled by the laws of the state of New York, USA, and any disputes shall be referred to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New York state and US federal courts.
9) WINNER LIST: The names of the winners will be available at http://socialmediaweek.org/concretejungle, as soon as practicable after the date of selection and for any period afterward, in the sole determination of Sponsor.
11) ADMINISTRATOR: The Administrator of this Contest is Sponsor. The selection of winning entiries will be made by the Administrator.
12) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.