About Social Media Week
Crowdcentric Media owns and operates Social Media Week, a global conference and media company which captures, curates and shares the latest trends, ideas and information in regards to how businesses, society and cultures make progress in a globally connected world.
“Social Media Week does not disappoint. It is a real-world manifestation of some of the best that new technology has to offer – ideas, strategies and insights shared by the people who are shaping the future.” – Ellen McGirt. Senior Writer, Fast Company
Social Media Week hosts two global conferences each year. Each conference takes place simultaneously in multiple cities around the world, with thousands of individuals and organizations working together to host panels, workshops, talks and industry networking events.
As we continue to expand we are looking for a number of new editions to the team, specifically brilliant people who believe in our mission and people who have a passion for how technology is reshaping the world around us.
Here’s a breakdown of the current positions available:
- Managing Editor
- Project Lead: Brand Partnerships
- Sales & Business Development Manager
- Client Project Manager (London)
- Operations Manager
The Managing Editor is responsible for planning, development, and implementation of Crowdcentric’s new media and publishing platform (still to be named). We are looking for someone who is curious, flexible, data-driven, and has a passion for the ways in which emerging media, technology, and marketing trends are impacting and reshaping our world.
Reporting directly to the Head of Media, this role demands a candidate that is energetic, creative, entrepreneurial, and has an exceptional eye for detail. You will manage a team of writers, contributors, and video editors to create high-quality, engaging, sharable content. The position will be based New York City, but as a global role will also cover other parts of North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Africa.
- Create a clear voice for the publication and thru-line to bind the content.
- Direct and build vertical specific content categories that have broad appeal, in addition to content that is specific to each city and geographically targeted.
- Build a staff of writers by recruiting a network of 3rd party content contributors, paid and volunteer.
- Repackage existing content and commission exclusive pieces, in addition to covering content produced during the SMW conferences.
- Be the main content contributor to the media platform in the earlier stages of it’s lifecycle.
- Manage digital editorial calendar to find balanced blend of short, medium, and long-form content.
- Copy edit short articles and newsletter copy submitted by contributors.
- Curate and produce content sections of the platform’s homepage and other landing pages.
- Close communication with the Head of Media to manage the growth of the media property and with the Director of Marketing and Communications to align that with the SMW conference schedule.
- Conduct research and fact-checking to support infographics and other editorial projects.
- Assist with digital analytics reporting and track other strategic information we need to understand content trends.
- Moderate community elements of the platform, as needed.
Qualifications and skills required
The Crowdcentric team operates in a nimble, lean, personable and highly collaborative way. We think big and have a huge ambition to help the world’s greatest people form deeper and more meaningful connections through collaboration. We are looking for an individual who shares this ambition and our values. Requirements include:
- 5+ years in the digital media industry.
- Deeply organized with an innate sense of priority.
- Excellent writing skills with an innovative portfolio of work, in addition to headline-writing, and proofreading skills and ability to reliably line-edit a good story.
- A self-starter as comfortable rolling up your sleeves and banging out content as delegating work and leading a team.
- Energized working in a fast-paced, output-oriented, digital newsroom.
- Someone who understands how content builds a loyal, organic audience.
- Data-literate and able to draw editorial insights from quantitative key performance indicators.
- Expert in social networks and their potency as distinct publishing platforms.
- Experience with paid media and native advertising.
- A manager of an edit team, able to hire, manage, and deliver the feedback that turns potential into power.
- A team player able to work with and manage results from a broad spectrum of personalities.
- A hunger to learn and ability to flourish in a dynamic, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment Entrepreneurial, self-starter with hands-on approach.
- Experience in ad-tech, startup, and creative industries.
- Familiarity with media partnerships.
This position will be full-time, based in NYC, and will begin in July. The comprehensive package includes health benefits and salary commensurate with experience.
Social Media Week is a media and conference platform with events in 20+ cities around the world, dedicated to capturing, curating and sharing the most meaningful ideas, trends, and best practices with regard to the social web’s impact on society, culture and business. As part of Social Media Week, our agency creates marketing programs on behalf of major brands, including Nokia, Google+, American Express and Ford.
We’re looking for a seasoned, outside-the-box achiever with account experience to join the Social Media Week team as Project Lead for one of our major accounts.
The role will focus on project managing the partnership of our biggest client, which includes overseeing the execution of brand deliverables and will include creative strategy, community outreach and engagement, advocacy and blogger outreach, social media management, event design, planning and execution.
This is a four month project-based position with an opportunity for longer term hire.
- Oversee multi-city global partnership with company’s largest client, including client management and execution of brand deliverables
- Creative strategy (brainstorm event and campaign ideas)
- Liaising with key client members, including organizing meetings, virtually and in-person
- Identify and secure complementary organizations for partnerships
- Advocacy and blogger outreach
- Coordinating with SMW and client communications teams on client announcements distributed across relevant social channels
- Working with Design & Production team to coordinate client branding
- Managing outreach and follow-up with sponsors and partners post-conference, including preparing post-event wrap-up reports
- Staying ahead of the curve with all client initiatives and industry trends
Qualifications / Skills:
- Have at least 5+ years experience account management experience working with Fortune 500 brands
- Be someone who understands (and is passionate about) the importance and impact of social media and technology, from both a consumer and industry perspective
- Be highly capable of identifying vital industry developments and translating them into compelling opportunities for clients + Have an ability to define upfront goals and track KPIs with clients to ensure success and drive renewals
- Be an excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Be effective communicating across multiple teams to project manage client success deliverables
- Be outgoing and comfortable working with multiple personalities and styles
- Have a working knowledge and passion for social platforms and an understanding of the value of social for brands
- Be someone who knows how to appropriately insert fun and a lively spirit into a serious business work environment
- Be a true whiz at presentations (PowerPoint, Keynote, Prezi, etc.)
This position will be full-time, based in NYC and begin in early May, with the potential for longer term renewal.
The Sales & Business Development Manager will provide essential support to the Director of Sales & Business Development globally and also lead much of the sales effort in New York and parts of North America. The role includes customizing and selling creative sponsorships for Social Media Week New York targeting agencies, brands and technology service providers.
- Execution of sales and business development strategy and plan in New York
- Collaboration with US Local City Organizers on opportunities that represent integrated revenue building opportunities
- Maintenance of CRM database consisting of client and prospect companies
- Presentation of regular activity/contact reports and revenue pipeline estimates
- Development of customized and creative sales proposals
The Crowdcentric team operates in a fast moving, lean and highly collaborative way. We think big and have a huge ambition to help the worlds greatest people form deeper and more meaningful connections through collaboration. We are looking for an individual who shares this ambition and our values. A passion for emerging media and technology is a must.
- Ability to build and maintain senior level relationships
- Ability to create creative solutions for clients
- Expert sales and marketing skills
- Expertise in partnerships and business development
- Knowledge of emerging media and technology markets
The position is full-time starting August 1st and ending February 28th. The compensation package will be made up of a base salary, plus a commission bonus based on team revenue performance.
The Client Project Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing the presence of one of Social Media Week’s main clients across four different locations: London, Los Angeles, Mumbai and Sydney.
Reporting directly both to the Executive Director of Client Services Social Media Week and the Client’s Global Director and coordinating activities with the global team based in New York and in London, this role demands a candidate that is energetic, creative, entrepreneurial, and has an exceptional eye for detail. The position will be based London, between Social Media Week’s office in Shoreditch and the Client’s office in Paddington.
Programming and Production:
- Support the Client in planning, coordinating and executing their presence in four markets where Social Media Week will take place on September 2014
- Capture needs, goals and define milestones together with Social Media Week and the Client
- Manage day-to-day relationships internal and external suppliers
- Coordinate activities between the Client’s and Social Media Week’s teams in the four different cities
The Social Media Week team operates in a nimble, lean, personable and highly collaborative way. We think big and have a huge ambition to help the world’s greatest people form deeper and more meaningful connections through collaboration. We are looking for an individual who shares this ambition and our values. A passion for emerging media and technology is a must.
- BS/BA in Marketing, Event Production or related field
- Minimum 4 years experience in project management or event management for tech, innovation, advertising related events
- Ability to write/edit in a variety of writing styles, ability to draft materials on a wide range of topics, with strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage projects from inception through execution
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and most common collaboration tools
- A hunger to learn and ability to flourish in a dynamic, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment + Entrepreneurial, self-starter with hands-on approach
This position will be full-time, based in London and immediate start to September 30, 2014. Compensation will be based on experience and contracted on a freelance basis.
Crowdcentric wants to help make a future where technology and humanity come together to create a more open, connected and sustainable world. Across a range of services we help businesses thrive at the intersection of media, technology and communication.
We are guided by a set of core values. These provide a reference point for everything we do, who we hire and guides us in how we work with our community, partners and clients. We are:
- Seriously fun and a little adventurous
- Never satisfied with the status quo
- Resourceful, doing more with less
- Open, honest and transparent
- Driven towards mutual success
- Passionate about global connectedness
- Ethically and socially conscious
- Motivated to solving the hardest problems
- Constantly pursuing personal growth and learning
- Self aware and team-spirited
Crowdcentric is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or disability.