Naked Wines, the UK’s fastest growing online wine retailer, are getting stuck into Social Media Week London in a variety of ways – not only is their COO, Eamon Fitzgerald speaking later today at Using Social to Go Global (Mon 24th, 10am – 2pm @ Google Campus – still time to register!), they’re very kindly providing special offer codes for Social Media Week London Attendees and are also giving each of our Premium Pass holders gift vouchers!
About Naked Wines
Naked Wines was born in December 2008 when twelve friends jacked in their jobs during the depth of the recession to do things a little differently. Their goal was to find the world’s most talented, undiscovered winemakers and set them up in business.
They’ve shaken up with wine business with an innovative model: 100,000 customers invest over £2m a month towards future orders (they call them ‘Angels’), which they use to fund independent winemakers in return for exclusive wines at preferential prices, which are then passed back to customers. They call it the ‘virtuous circle’, as “everybody gets more for less, without trampling on anyone along the way”.
As well as the model itself, the website delivers a truly social experience. Customers can chat directly to one another and to the winemakers. They can vote with their feet on new initiatives and wines, to decide what makes the cut. And they use the latest technology to tell customers what to buy AND what not to buy, based on their preferences.
The Hard and Fast Facts
- We’ve invested in 40 independent winemakers to date
- We ship an average of 10,000 bottles of wine every day
- We’ve seen over 100% growth year-on-year, with sales of £23.5 million in 2011
- We’ve recruited 250k customers, 100k of which invest over £2m a month towards future orders
- We were named the UK’s most innovative wine company for two years on the trot, at the IWC
- We were named the UK’s Online Business of the Year at the 2011 National Business Awards
- We’re probably the world’s largest group of net wine investors
- And we recently launched two new retail platforms in the USA and Australia, as well as a new winery in California, offering independent winemakers custom crush for $100 / £65 a ton
A Special Voucher For SMWLDN Attendees
As a thank you to all those who have registered for Social Media Week London, Naked Wines are providing you with a £50 voucher. You can redeem this voucher against your first order of £79.99 or more (standard next day delivery for £4.99 is payable separately) and you can choose from a range of pre-mixed cases or even build your own case with any 6 or more bottles! You also won’t be forced to join a club, buy more wine (though we’re sure you’ll be tempted) or prove that you can tell a Shiraz from a Merlot.
This special offer is valid until 31/10/2012 only
Click this link and use the following code and password to redeem your voucher:
Valid until 31.10.12
Boring T&C’s: For UK residents aged 18 or over. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer, such as heavily discounted cases. New customers only – you will need to register with Naked Wines, including credit or debit card details so we can prove you’re over 18. Your voucher can be used against your first order of £79.99 or more, excluding delivery. Delivery (Next Day for £4.99 as standard) and any additional spend on wine will be charged to your credit or debit card. Please see the Naked Wines website for full terms and conditions.
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you at Social Media Week!