Social Media Week Los Angeles is planting roots in Hollywood to focus on LA’s strength as the entertainment capital of the world (like we mentioned in the Behind the Scenes: Tubefilter post on the #SMWLA blog).
By concentrating the event in Hollywood, we hope to bring together the diverse elements of LA for one big “block party” where we all can get some quality face time with the most powerful influencers in social media and entertainment. Our goal is to strengthen the community of social media champions here in Los Angeles, and we want to have a blast doing it.
This year we will explore the intersection of social technology and entertainment through a week of free panels, presentations, demos, workshops, talks, conversations, and parties. And you have an opportunity to be a part of them by getting involved!
Submitting an event that could be hosted at one of our stellar Social Media Week venues (which there’s more info on below) is as easy as going to this link and 1, 2, 3, 4:
1) You will need to fill out the initial application questionnaire to help the local city organizer better understand your organization’s qualifications to host SMW.
2) The local city organizer will review your application. This might take a few weeks. If your event does not meet the proper criteria, it is common for the local city organizer to send you additional requests and information on how to improve the content and format.
3) If successful and your event gets approved, you will be notified by the local city organizer.
4) Instructions will be sent to you on how to publish your event to the schedule. Our event system allows you to manage and process registration.
Be sure to bear in mind the following themes and daily programming tracks at our Hub Locations as you begin to craft your event for Social Media Week LA:
Egyptian Theatre – This presentation-oriented Entertainment Hub will feature keynotes, talks, and high-profile presentations in front of large audiences focused around the following topics:
- Celebrity Culture
- Sports Entertainment
- Lifestyle & Culture
- Music & Online Video
- Television & Movies
io/LA – The workshop-oriented Social Tech Hub will focus on creative interactive experiences and will feature a more open environment focused on the following programming themes:
- The Social City
- Startup & Entrepreneurship
- Advertising & Marketing
- Innovation & The Future
If you have any questions about SMWLA hubs, programming themes, or anything else social media related, be sure to get in touch.