Social Media Week Los Angeles (SMWLA), part of Social Media Week Global, a worldwide event exploring the social, cultural and economic impacts of social media, today announced its first annual “Social 25” list of digital media influencers. This year’s luminaries include NFL’s Jeff Berman, Lady Gaga’s business manager Troy Carter, Los Angeles City Councilmember Eric Garcetti, The Trevor Project’s Ryan Lombardini, Nick Adler and Ryan Ford from Snoop Dogg’s team, and Ryan Seacrest.
The SMWLA “Social 25” recognizes the leading Los Angeles-based individuals, companies, and brands that embody the spirit of SMWLA by helping people and organizations connect through collaboration, learning, and the sharing of ideas and information. The list was put together by Drew Baldwin, Executive Director of SMWLA and Founder of Tubefilter, and Shira Lazar, Host and Co-Founder of the Emmy nominated show, What’s Trending, and approved by the Social Media Week Los Angeles Board of Advisors.
“Our ’Social 25’ list highlights talented and creative individuals who have been real game changers in the social media sphere, both in Los Angeles and worldwide,” said Baldwin. “Los Angeles continues to be the creative capital of the world, and social media is enabling LA’s creative talent to flourish in new ways—both in the entertainment and tech communities. Social Media Week LA is the perfect platform to showcase these outstanding innovators and influencers at the forefront of Los Angeles’ blossoming digital media industry.”
Honorees will attend an exclusive VIP event during SMWLA’s opening night, September 24th, on the rooftop of What’s Trending Studios in Hollywood. Along with the VIP event, some of the honorees will serve as keynotes and panelists during the event. SMWLA offers a unique program that explores the intersection of social technology and entertainment with a robust line up of free panels, presentations, demos, workshops, talks, conversations, and parties. Themes include music and online video, sports entertainment, celebrity culture, fashion and beauty, advertising and marketing, innovation and the future, movies and TV, collaboration and gaming, startups and entrepreneurship, and food and culture.
The Social 25 list includes a wide array of savvy social media influencers who are leaders in their respective fields. (Listed alphabetically).
• Adam Sadowsky, SyynLabs – @asadowsky, @syynlabs
• Allen DeBevoise, Machinima - @AllenDeBevoise, @Machinima_com
• Brian Norgard, Chill - @BrianNorgard, @chilllive
• Chris Ovitz, Viddy – @Viddy, @ChrisOvitz
• Dana Settle, Greycroft Partners - @dsettle, @greycroftvc
• Eddy Lu, Grubwithus – @eddylu, @Grubwithus
• Eric Garcetti, Los Angeles City Council - @ericgarcetti
• George Strompolos, Fullscreen - @gstrompolos, @fullscreen
• Jeff Berman, NFL – @bermanjeff, @NFL
• Jesse Thomas and Leslie Bradshaw, JESS3 – @jessethomas and @lesliebradshaw, @JESS3
• JR Johnson, Trippy.com – @stuffJRsays, @usetrippy
• Kevin Smith, SModCo - @ThatKevinSmith, @smodcast
• Lisa Donovan, Maker Studios – @Lisa_Nova, @MakerStudios
• Mastin Kipp, The Daily Love - @mastinkipp, @thedailylove
• Michael Dubin, Dollar Shave Club – @Dollarshaveclub
• Mike Cioffi and Douglas De Luca, Jimmy Kimmel Live! – @cioffi and @brandolini789, @JimmyKimmelLive
• Rainn Wilson, SoulPancake - @rainnwilson, @soulpancake
• Ryan Lombardini, The Trevor Project - @RyLo, @TrevorProject
• Ryan Seacrest, Ryan Seacrest Productions – @RyanSeacrest, @RSP
• Sarah Penna, Big Frame - @severshed, @bfbammo
• Travis Harding, Mattel - @tjharding, @Mattel
• Troy Carter, Atom Factory - @ladygaga
• Zadi Diaz, Disney Interactive Entertainment - @zadi, @Disney
• Zooey Deschanel, Sophia Rossi, and Molly McAleer, HelloGiggles - @ZooeyDeschanel, @sofifii, and @molls, @hellogiggles
For the full list and for the full program, visit: http://socialmediaweek.org/losangeles