Copyright Debra Morrison.
Social Media Media Week LA went live at io/LAand the historic Egyptian Theatre September 24 – 28, 2012. We’re excited about what this conference means for the growth of communication, interaction with each other and the organizations that we care about. Troy Carter — Lady Gaga’s manager — packed the house. Mobile Roadie, ParkMe and our Social Media App were the apps of the day. Great thoughts. Great minds. Here’s a roundup of what they said:
- “There’s a battle for the living room and the internet is literally swelling and encroaching on mainstream TV.” ~ Betsy Moyer @BetsyKCRW
- Data is the new oil, especially when you start thinking about challenges at a global level. ~ Freddie Laker @TMTYL
- Celebs will dominate social media in a way that brands will never. Key to those interactions is that they’re organic. People understand that brand is ultimately trying to sell a product whereas if I wish someone a happy birthday, that’s real. ~ Omar Epps @omarepps
- “It doesn’t matter if you’ve got 25 million followers, it’s only if you can get those followers to do something.” ~ Darren McColl @daz_mc
- Never underestimate the importance of a room full of people…Being disruptive and challenging the existing norm is important. ~ Adam Garone @movember
- I’m little monster #1. ~ Troy Carter, Atom Factory
- Authenticity is the name of the game. ~ Rick Sorking @whosay
- We can be funny. We can be sexy and we can keep layering those identities. That’s the wonderful thing about Facebook and social media. ~ Jamie Adler @PhyllisMorris
- You want the ROI on social media? You being in business in 5 years. ~ Scott Kramer @multibrain
Copyright Debra Morrison
If you want to be ahead of the curve, you’ll join us for Social Media Week February 18 – 22, 2013 in New York, Hamburg, Tokyo, Toronto, DC, Milan, Paris, and Singapore, with Atlanta and Doha.