9:00 AM - 9:50 AM
Hosted by IAB (Interactive Advertising Bureau)
SVA Theatre (EDU Stage) 333 W 23rd St New York NY 10011
Social media, including paid, owned and earned, continues to rapidly evolve which is why Social Media Measurement Guidelines are needed to help agencies and marketers better understand the real impact of social media spend. Recently, the Media Rating Council (MRC) issued Social Media Measurement Guidelines to help establish a detailed set of methods, definitions and common practices for organizations that measure social media activity. Co-sponsored by IAB, 4A’s and WOMMA, these guidelines are meant to:
- Help lessen buyer concerns about consistency and accuracy of reported social media data
- Enhance trust and to help smooth the way for a vibrant social media marketplace
- Provide clear definitions of commonly used terms and will help both the buy and sell side know what questions to ask when selecting vendors or seeking to understand social measurement.
During this panel discussion, Ron Pinelli from MRC will open with an overview of the Guidelines. Susan Borst from IAB will then lead a discussion with Ron Pinelli, Peter Fasano from Ogilvy & Mather , Anthony Martinez from The Coca-Cola Company and Peter Storck representing WOMMA that will cover:
- Why it was necessary to prepare these guidelines
- Why it is important that we all used the same definitions to define key words (e.g., there’s more than four types of “reach” – do you know the differences between them? When a vendor quotes reach numbers for social media, do you know what type of reach they are describing?)
- How, practically speaking, should the sell-side and buy-side be using the Guidelines on a daily basis
- How, in the short and long term, you and the entire industry will benefit from these guidelines
We’ll leave ample time for Q&A so come prepared with your questions. We hope you’ll join us!
Venue & Location
SVA Theatre (EDU Stage)333 W 23rd St
New York, NY 10011