Thank you to everyone who came out to Science of Sharing last Wednesday night at The Box. In case you missed the event here are a few topics of interest discussed by our stellar panel of social consumer experts.
Drake Martinet, Social Media Editor of All Things D touches on the contentization of products in 2012.
- Sharable content is key. There are high sharers and low sharers and only 20% are brand loyal high sharers.
- Video content should be embedded everywhere when it is useful. Good examples of brands who get it are AirBnB & Pepsi.
- Rick Silvestrini, of Youtube, says brands should post and publish everywhere but the main hub for your brand should always be the website.
- Raanan Bar-Cohen, head of media services at Automattic, says most people come to sites “sideways” from referral sites but less than 20% of sites are optimized.
- Carla Bourque, SVP of Buddy Media, commented on mobile commerce as the most interesting trend in mobile now & predicts more brands will adopt mobile apps in the future.
The theme from our speakers: make sure content is relevant and sharable to your audience. It’s all about listening, and if you make great content that reaches your audience they are going to engage with your brand.
Big thanks to M Booth, Drake Martinet, Rick Silvestrini, Raanan Bar-Cohen, and Carla Bourque for a insightful panel! For more highlights of the Science of Sharing event visit the Beyond blog. We look forward to seeing you again at Social Media Week San Francisco!