SMW Share Nokia Lumia Phone Giveaway
1) ELIGIBILITY: The SMW Nokia Lumia Phone Giveaway also known as prize drawing (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of Brazil, Canada (except the province of Quebec), China, Colombia, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, Qatar, the UK and the USA (except the states of Arizona and Rhode Island), who at the date of entry are of the age of majority in their state/province/country of residence. Entries by residents of any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. By entering the Sweepstakes, you accept and acknowledge that you are competing with individuals outside of your country of residence. Employees of Crowdcentric Media, LLC (“Sponsor”), its subsidiaries, affiliates, local organizational partners and promotional partners, as well as the immediate family and household members of such employees, are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial, municipal, and local laws and regulations. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2) TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes begins 12:00 a.m. U.S. Eastern Time on May 31, 2012 and ends 11:59 p.m. U.S. Eastern Time on June 15, 2012 (“Promotion Period”). You are automatically entered when you have successfully completed both of the following actions during the Promotion Period: (1) you have ‘followed’ the global Twitter account for Social Media Week (the “Account”) from your personal Twitter account; and (2) you have ‘tweeted’ the phrase “Want to keep up to date with #SMW12 and hear when event submission opens? Sign up for the official newsletter! http://t.co/HPmLje3W″. ‘Follows’ of the Account occurring in any other manner or other tweets will not be eligible for entry. Upon your successful ‘follow’ and ‘tweet’ as described above, you automatically receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry. Normal Internet access and phone/usage charges imposed by your online/phone service may apply and shall be the entrants’ sole responsibility, if applicable. The computer clock of Sponsor’s administrator is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes. . If you do not wish to ‘follow’ the Account and/or ‘tweet’ the statement as described above, but still wish to enter this Sweepstakes, you may do so by hand printing your first name, last name, address, city, state/province, postal code, country, date of birth, telephone number (optional) and email address, on a 3” X 5” paper and mail the paper in a hand-addressed stamped envelope to Sponsor at: Crowdcentric Media LLC, 1 Little W. 12th Street, Suite 307, New York, NY USA. All mailed entries must be received by the end of the Promotion Period to be included in the appropriate drawing. Your eligible entry received via mail will earn you one (1) Sweepstakes entry. Mailed entries must be complete in order to be eligible. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person, regardless of entry method, during the Promotion Period.
3) RANDOM DRAWING: There will be one (1) random drawing, which will be held within 5 business days after the end of the Promotion Period from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Drawings will be conducted by the Administrator, and such drawings shall be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
4) PRIZE AND ESTIMATED RETAIL VALUE (“ERV”): There will be one (1) Grand Prize Winner, who will each receive one (1) Nokia Lumia mobile phone (ERV of USD 500). No winner may receive more than one (1) prize each. Each prize is non-transferable and no substitution is allowed. The winners will be notified by Twitter direct message, or by email in the case of a mailed entry. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks to receive the prize from the date of confirmation of prize acceptance.
5) GENERAL RULES: Potential prize winners will be required to return an affidavit or declaration of compliance with these Official Rules (except where prohibited by law) within seven (7) days of written notification attempt by Sponsor or the Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. The prize winner will be required to verify his/her mailing address prior to being deemed a winner. If the winner is a Canadian resident, he/she must answer an unaided and time-limited arithmetic skill-testing question as a condition to receiving a prize. Applicable taxes or surcharges related to the prize are the sole and exclusive responsibility of winner. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner selected. Sponsor shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a potential winner for any reason. Winning is contingent on fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules. Acceptance of prizes constitutes permission to use winners’ names, likenesses, photographs, voices, opinions and/or hometown and states/provinces/countries for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration except where prohibited by law. Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates and its vendors assume no responsibility or liability for damages, losses or injury resulting from acceptance or use/misuse of prizes. Any fees, duties, or tariffs required to accept delivery of any prize is the sole responsibility of winner. All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, entries made over the Internet will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the Twitter account used to enter at the time of the entry. The “authorized account holder” is deemed the natural person who is assigned to a Twitter account by Twitter, Inc. Each potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the Twitter account associated with the winning entry. If for any reason the online portion of the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the online portion of the Sweepstakes and award prizes from among all eligible online survey entries received prior to cancellation or termination and all eligible mailed entries received. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, damaged, lost, postage due or late mailed entries, or for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to participate or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for any typographical error in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the Sweepstakes prizes. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for damages to user’s system occasioned by participating in the Sweepstakes or downloading any information to participate in the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. By entering into this Sweepstakes, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and judges’ decisions.
6) GOVERNING LAW: The Sweepstakes and the rights and obligations of the entrants will be governed and controlled by the laws of the state of New York, USA, and any disputes shall be referred to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New York state and US federal courts.
7) WINNER LIST: The name of the Winner will be available at http://socialmediaweek.org/smw-share-nokia-lumia-phone-giveaway, as soon as practicable after the date of the prize drawing and for any period afterward, in the sole determination of Sponsor.
8.) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ALL ENTRANTS AGREE TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR AND THEIR PARTNERS, AFFILIATES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AGENTS AND ALL OF THEIR EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THEIR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITIES AND THE ACCEPTANCE AND USE, MISUSE, OR POSSESSION OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED HEREUNDER.
10) ADMINISTRATOR: The Administrator of this Sweepstakes is Sponsor. The random drawing will be made by the Administrator.
11) NO PURCHASE, ‘FOLLOW’ OR ‘TWEET’ NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.