What am I applying for?
The official position title is Video Editor intern and Video Animation Intern. The internship will be 4 months long, from February 13th – June 15th, 2012. Interns will receive a monthly stipend for their work.
Who will I be working for?
Entrinsic is a communications agency founded on the belief that new and emerging media are reshaping the way consumers — and by extension businesses — think, behave, and interact. We understand that a brand’s success in the social sphere relies on artfully weaving together technology and culture to create engagement. At Entrinsic, we develop and foster that engagement strategically, integrating social media touch points with a company’s overall communications to help forge a powerful and lasting connection with a brand’s customers.
From research and design through execution and analytics, we provide a full suite of services and dedicated account management at every step. The result? A robust, customized social media strategy that is tailor made for a brand and all their needs.
What would I be doing?
Working with a small team, your role will involve getting your hands BUSY and FULL with a wide range of projects that may include:
- Assist creative team on various projects including editing,, video animations and graphics and other projects as needed
- Create web ready files
- Creative project concept exploration
- A strong background in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash and front-end developing skills using CSS and HTML
- Post-production video editing using FinalCut or Avid, or other applicable software
- Photoshop compositing support; including rough composites of found elements, detailed photo silhouetting or matting, and full designs.
- Video Editors should be familiar with storyboarding, scripting, filming and editing.
- Visual research and reference gathering
- Additional graphic and video animation duties as assigned
- Contributing strategic insights for current and upcoming video projects
- Providing support to other members of the team
- Helpful if have vehicle access and evening/weekend availability
- Other duties as required
What sort of employee are they looking for?
We don’t expect you to come to us with an extensive portfolio – this is why you are interning – but we do have some qualities that we would love to see in our ideal candidate:
- A love for the word YES. You might not have done a task before, but challenges excite you and you are ready to do whatever it takes to get a task done.
- Familiarity and affinity with the social space. We don’t need you to be an internet superstar, however, you should be comfortable working with a diversity of social platforms and communities as well as industry standards and common practices.
- Proficient with FinalCut or Avid. We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running editing videos in the post-production environment and provide strategic insight into planning sessions to make the process from planning to production to post production as efficient as possible.
- Graphic design and graphic animation skills. Ideal candidate will have command and working knowledge of Photoshop, 3D modeling and animation software, Flash (animation; minimal scripting required, or another vector animation tool) and proficiency in Adobe After Effects and Illustrator
- Comfortable with technology. We work with a ton of digital tools everyday. You don’t have to be a tech wiz, but you should be open to learning and playing around with new technology. Bonus points if you are familiar with, or have used any of the following tools – Microsoft Excel & Word, 3rd party social management platforms (Hootsuite, TweetDeck), Google/Facebook Analytics
- A passion for social media. You don’t have to run your own blog, but social media is an integrated part of your life and goes deeper than just Facebook. We’re looking for someone who thrives on the digital – whether RSS, gaming, or tweeting.
- Innovative and creative thinking. Problems aren’t really problems, just roadblocks – and you have the skill set to get through it, make it look easy, and make it look good.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multitask, master of organization. Need we say more?
Where can I find more information?
If you don’t find what you’re looking for by Googling us, check out our website: www.entrinsic.com.
This internship sounds AMAZING, how do I apply?
Tell (or show) us why you want to be a part of the team. Please include a resume or show us some examples of work you’ve done in the past.
Ashley Martin firstname.lastname@example.org