1. DOWNLOAD ALL VERSIONS HERE: socialmediaweek.org/mobileapps
2. It runs on SIX platforms: iOS (both iPhone and iPad), Android, Windows Phone, Symbian (and MeeGo). iOS, Symbian, and MeeGo are available for download now. Android and Windows by February 10th.
3. It’s available in 6 different languages: English, French, German, Traditional Chinese, Brazilian Portuguese & Japanese.
4. The app is sponsored by Nokia as part of their global headline sponsorship and presented by Guardian News- that just means Nokia made it possible and Guardian gives it some life with regular updates on social media-related news.
5. You can see the schedule for each city and details for all events and venues. Click the star next to the preferred item, and you’re set to receive updates.
6. See speaker info for each event: bios, twitter handles and LinkedIn — whatever was entered by event organizers in the event system backend.
7. You can register for events! When you select an event, it will ask you to log-in to your SMW account to register for events. Note, you must log-in for each event for which you want to register- this is for security purposes and to protect your account.
8. Connect to content. View Twitter feeds from @SocialMediaWeek and @Nokia, as well as our Facebook pages. In addition, both global and city SMW blogs will be available for all the latest news, with one more option to access special social and digital media-related news content from our global media partner The Guardian. AND you can access the mobile livestream channel via the app. It’s a one-stop shop.
9. See SMW RealTime infographics and stats. Banner ads direct you to SMW RealTime. That’s right- you’ll be able to keep up with the latest real-time information coming out of SMW12.
10. Access streaming events. Running late to an event or stuck somewhere you’d rather not be? Well, now you can pull out our app, head over to the content section and pull up the latest streaming events?
No comments yet.