Get Involved in Social Media Week, February 7-11, 2011!
Social Media Week is a leading news platform and worldwide conference that curates and shares the best ideas and insights into social media and technology's impact on business, society, and culture.
Social Media Week returns this February 7-11, 2011 and global organizers Crowdcentric and their local city partners are inviting individuals, organizations and brand partners to ‘Get Involved’ in the curation, planning and organization of the multi-city conference. This is your call to action to Get Involved in Your Social Media Week!
Taking place simultaneously in New York, London, São Paulo, Toronto, San Francisco, Rome, and Paris, plus two to three additional cities soon to be named, Social Media Week February 2011 will be its biggest and most inclusive iteration yet.
As an open and collaborative platform, Social Media Week provides many ways to ‘Get Involved’, including curating and hosting events, speaking and presenting, designing workshops, facilitating interviews, sponsoring events, providing editorial coverage and volunteering to participate on the local host committees.
There are opportunities for every organization and individual to get involved this February, on both a global and local level:
- Host an event: You could join the ranks of Sony, New York Times, MTV, Drop.io, JWT, Razorfish, MoMA, Porter Novelli, and others who have all hosted events at their space during previous conferences
- Volunteer: Join the host committee in your city, work at the events, support the communications team, help with outreach. There are many ways to get involved individually
- Provide in-kind products/services to attendees: Much like Foursquare, Livestream, Pegshot, Mobile Roadie, your company could provide services to SMW attendees that enhance and improve their experience
- Sponsor an event: There will be at least 500 events taking place across the all the participating cities. Through these events, your brand can connect and engage an audience of hyper-social influencers
- Speaking Opportunities: Do you have domain specialism? Do you want to share your ideas with a broader audience?
Follow the links below to learn more (event teams in parantheses):
Or Get Involved Locally! (city organizer in parantheses)
- Get Involved: New York (Crowdcentric)
- Get Involved: London (Chinwag)
- Get Involved: San Francisco (Swirl Integrated Marketing)
- Get Involved: Paris (La Netscouade)
- Get Involved: Rome (Augmendy)
- Get Involved: Toronto (Entrinsic)
- Get Involved: São Paulo (SixPix Content)
If you have any questions about Social Media Week or getting involved globally or locally, please contact Ben Scheim by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Go here to see the press release for this announcement: http://bit.ly/9OMLWp
Want to write for Social Media Week?
We're looking for individuals around the globe to contribute articles on marketing, media, technology, and more.