Bring Social Media Week to Your City
Social Media Week is a leading news platform and worldwide conference that curates and shares the best ideas and insights into social media and technology's impact on business, society, and culture.
In five years of Social Media Week, we’ve grown tremendously, hosting SMW in 30+ cities, hosted more than 150k attendees across 5,000 events, and seen millions engage via our online, mobile and social channels. And we’re excited to expand this even more over the next 12 months.
In 2014, we want to take SMW to a new level and make each edition of our conferences in February and September EVERYWHERE. We are asking you to help us bring SMW to more people around the world. Why?
Our understanding of how technology is shaping our lives and changing the way we connect and communicate can only deepen if we bring together diverse perspectives from people all over the world. We aim to capture, curate and share the most meaningful ideas, trends, and best practices with regard to the social web’s impact on society, culture and business, globally. And what’s happening in Asia is not only hugely relevant to what is happening in North America but also to other parts of Asia.
This year we’ve added SMWs in Africa and India to our network and we’re humbled and inspired by what our teams in those countries have already contributed to the community. In 2014, we aim to add a number of new cities and secure new partners in cities where we already have a presence.
Who? And Why?
We’re seeking interested organizations to become “City Organizers” of SMW that:
- + Are highly networked across multiple industries
- + Have experience in event or conference production
- + Are open and highly collaborative
- + Have a history of producing and distributing compelling written and visual content
- + Want to change the world for the better
There are huge potential benefits from hosting SMW, including:
- + Brand Awareness & Recognition – your organization is placed on the global stage and gains more exposure & credibility.
- + Business Development – your organization has the opportunity to develop valuable relationships with new partners/clients and deepen existing relationships.
- + Commercial Opportunity – your organization has the potential to generate significant revenue on profitable sponsorship deals.
But don’t just take our word for it–we’re happy to connect you with one of our current SMW City Organizers if you’d like to learn more and find out if SMW is for you.
Key Markets for SMW Expansion
+ Miami (new organizer)
+ DC (new organizer)
+ San Francisco
+ Las Vegas
Middle East/ Asia Pacific/ Africa:
+ Kuala Lumpur
+ Johannesburg / Cape Town
+ Buenos Aires
+ Mexico City
If you are interested in applying to become a Local City Organizer and bring SMW to your community, please apply here.
If you know of an organization, please feel free to connect us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finally, help us spread the word. Tweet this.
Want to write for Social Media Week?
We're looking for individuals around the globe to contribute articles on marketing, media, technology, and more.