The Science Of Sticking To Your 2015 New Year’s Resolutions
Social Media Week is a leading news platform and worldwide conference that curates and shares the best ideas and insights into social media and technology's impact on business, society, and culture.
Want to stick to your New Year’s goals? Our friends at Happify shared their latest infographic, which covers the science of New Year’s resolutions.
Stats in the graphic show:
The Top 5 New Year’s Resolutions are:
- Lose weight
- Get organized
- Spend less, save more
- Enjoy life to the fullest
- Stay fit and healthy
- 51% of Americans want to lose weight but only 26% are actually trying
- 51% percent of people who made a financial resolution felt better off financially a year later, while 38% of people who did not make a financial resolution felt better off.
- It can take anywhere from 15 to 254 days to form a new habit
- Mutual goals are more effective.
- 43% of married people who followed a fitness program by themselves dropped out
- Only 6 percent of married people who followed the program together dropped out
Watch SMW Live
SMW Insider is a premium video platform that streams more than 180+ hours of talks, presentations, and interviews from leading industry experts.
Write for Us
Interested in sharing your ideas and insights with the world? Become a SMW News contributor and reach 300k readers each month.