Are You Making Great Internet? Here Are 5 Reasons to Enter The 20th Annual Webby Awards
The Webby Awards are an official partner of Social Media Week, and this year, The Webbys are proud to be celebrating their landmark 20th Annual Awards ceremony, honoring the best in Websites, Online Film & Video, Advertising & Media, Social and Mobile Sites & Apps.
As the leading international award for excellence on the Internet, honoring the best in Websites, Online Film & Video, Advertising & Media, Social and Mobile Sites & Apps, The Webbys are proud to be celebrating their landmark 20th Annual Awards ceremony this year. Hailed by The New York Times as the “Internet’s Highest Honor,” the window for entering your best digital work is closing soon, however—The Webby Extended Entry Deadline is Friday, January 29th, 2016. Enter today at www.webbyawards.com.
We know you’re making great Social Content. Here are our 5 reasons to enter The 20th Annual Webby Awards, and set the standard for a better Internet.
1. Entries are Reviewed by Our Esteemed Judging Body
- Tumblr Founder David Karp
- Founder of Twitter Biz Stone
- Web Personalities Rhett & Link
- Co-Founder of Uber Garrett Camp
- Head of Fashion Partnerships at Instagram Eva Chen
- Social Media Manager at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Veronica McGregor
2. Enter Now For the Chance to Join Webby Winners
- Taco Bell
- Tiny Hamster
- Humans of New York
- The Metropolitan Museum
- The Ellen DeGeneres Show
3. The Biggest Internet Moments Happen at The Webby Awards
- Steve Wilhite definitively end the “most absurd religious war in geek history,” using his own invention to declare, “It’s pronounced ‘JIF’ not ‘GIF’”.
- The Webbys trends organically (not paid for) at a minimum of at least 5 hours; last year’s show garnered over 3.2 billion media impressions worldwide.
- Inspiration came in crashing like a wrecking ball when the #LikeAGirl video series blew away the competition with an armload of Webby Wins last year.
4. For Their Hallmark 20th Year, The Webbys are Proud to Feature a Suite of Social Site and App Honors
- Best Overall Social Presence
- Corporate Communications
- Experimental & innovation
- Native Advertising
- And so many more!
5. Last Year, Three Dogs Nearly Broke the Internet
- The Webbys were blessed to spend time with the #barkpack, @Chloetheminifrenchie, @Toastmeetsworld & @ChloeKardoggian are pro Instagram users and beloved by humans and canines alike.
- Here they are hanging backstage with Webby Best Actress Ellie Kemper.
Need to know more? Winners contribute their 5-Word acceptance speech, a Webby hallmark, at a marquee venue in New York City this spring. Now’s the time for you and your team’s work on creating great social media experiences to win a Webby and make Internet history.
Shaking things up on Social? Enter your best work by Friday, January 29th, 2016 11:59am PT—www.webbyawards.com.
Want to write for Social Media Week?
We're looking for individuals around the globe to contribute articles on marketing, media, technology, and more.