Kickstarter’s 2016 Year in Review
Kickstarter put together a slideshow of some of their greatest achievements and milestones from 2016.
Launched in 2009, Kickstarter helps artists, musicians, filmmakers, designers, and other creators find the resources and support they need to make their ideas a reality. To date, tens of thousands of creative projects have come to life with the support of the Kickstarter community.
The company is one of the most well-known crowdfunding platforms today, and they have highlighted some of their achievements and milestones from 2016 in their “Year in Review: 2016” slideshow. Some of its highlights are below, featuring the most notable projects and impressive stats from the Kickstarter universe in 2016.
- Funding for fashion, food, and publishing projects each surpassed $100 million
- 300,000+ part-time and full-time jobs created by Kickstarter projects (Learn More)
- 11,500 cyclists kept safe on streets of London (View Project)
- Fluorescent, artistic mountains in a desert (View Project)
- De La Soul’s first album in 12 years became #1 on rap music charts (View Project)
- A tube station in London was filled with cats instead of ads (View Project)
- Kickstarter launched in Singapore, Mexico, and Hong Kong
- Kickstarter Live was created to bring projects to life real-time with direct backer access (View Site)
- Six projects from Kickstarter are now permanently on display at London’s Design Museum (View Announcement)
- 19 Kickstarter-funded films at the 2016 Tribeca Film Festival (View Announcement)
Learn the latest trends, insights and best practices from the brightest minds in media and technology. Sign up for SMW Insider to watch full-length sessions from official Social Media Week conferences live and on-demand.
Want to write for Social Media Week?
We're looking for individuals around the globe to contribute articles on marketing, media, technology, and more.