#SMW17 September Edition is a Wrap! Thank You to our Entire SMW Community!
Thank you, #SMWLDN speakers, partners, staff, volunteers, and attendees for making September’s edition of Social Media Week our best one yet!
Thank you to our attendees, speakers, partners, volunteers, independent event organizers, and everyone in the SMW community for making #SMW17 September edition a truly unforgettable experience. It was another inspiring week exploring the business, art, science, and future of social media, as well as the second edition of SMW that discussed our global theme, “Language and the Machine: Algorithms and the Future of Communication”.
We want to thank our official cities Jakarta, and São Paulo, as well as our participating SMWi cities: SMWi Accra, SMWi Ann Arbor (http://www.smwiannarbor.com/), SMWi Fairfax SMWi Fairfax, SMWi Puerto Rico, and SMWi Rome for hosting this year.
Here are some highlights from #SMWLDN:
- Why Not Doing Short Video Is Not An Option
- How NatGeo Became One of the Most Relevant and Inspiring Brands in Social Media
- How Shutterstock is Designing for the Unknown Needs of Future Audiences
- Why BuzzFeed Is Doubling-Down On Data Driven Creativity
- That Lot’s David Schneider and David Levin on The Art of Platform Specificity
- Q&A: #SMWLDN Headliner Tabitha Goldstaub On AI’s Future
- How Brands Can Use Voice-First Technology To Reach New Customers
- How AI & Machine Learning Will Impact Brands In The Future
- Stop The Death Watch: Why The Publisher-As-Platform Model Will Save Us All
- LADbible’s Co-Founder On The Importance Of Being A Socially Responsible Brand
- How Technology & Influencers Are Disrupting Traditional Marketing
Miss out on September’s event? Join us in November for Social Media Week Chicago!
Learn the latest trends, insights and best practices from the brightest minds in media and technology. Sign up for SMW Insider to watch full-length sessions from official Social Media Week conferences live and on-demand.
Want to write for Social Media Week?
We're looking for individuals around the globe to contribute articles on marketing, media, technology, and more.