Our Best Lineup Ever: Browse The Preliminary Agenda For SMWNYC
Join Diageo, BuzzFeed, American Express, Google, MTV and more at our 10th annual conference in New York.
Access exclusive SMW+ content by marketers whose careers you can emulate with a free 30-day trial!
We’re thrilled to announce our initial schedule of events for the 10th annual edition of SMWNYC, held in New York from April 24-27. We’ve expanded our programming significantly this year, with presenters representing some of the most innovative brands, platforms, agencies, and startups in the world.
The 2018 edition of SMWNYC will offer dozens of insightful and actionable talks tied to our global theme, “Closer,” which feels more relevant than ever in light of Facebook’s renewed focus on community.
Here’s a preview of what you can expect:
- Want to future-proof your business? Join our exclusive fireside chat with James Thompson, CMO of Diageo North America.
- New research on the impact of social media on society, led by Suresh Nair, Global Chief Strategy Officer at Grey.
- Insights from American Express on how to evolve for a digital-first world and win over new audiences as a legacy brand.
- Explore the golden age of celebrity influence with Matt Britton, CEO of Suzy and hip-hop legend and entrepreneur, Rev Run.
- Forget millennials: MTV and “Catfish” creator Nev Schulman teach you how to win over Gen Z.
- A special Q&A with BuzzFeed’s Copy Chief on mastering language in the digital age.
- Must-know strategies for building a digital audience from Reuters’ top digital editor.
- A masterclass in modern-day brand-building led by Jen Rubio, Co-Founder & Chief Brand Officer of Away.
- Can creativity and data co-exist? Ogilvy New York explores the marriage of data and tech.
- Blockchain & brands: The decentralized web will impact your business sooner than you might think, and Decoded will explain why.
- From the Unicorn Frappuccino to the KFC Double-Down, Big Spaceship teaches you how to create products that “feed the feed.”
- Predictions on the future of video and why Vimeo CEO Anjali Sud is betting big on creators.
- Everything you need to know about launching an AR campaign, led by Kiip CEO Brian Wong.
- Sarcasm in Silicon Valley: Don’t miss this candid fireside chat with The Verge’s most RT-able tech reporter, Casey Newton.
- A marketer’s guide to thriving in the age of the digital assistant, led by Google.
- Can digital media save politics? Sara Fischer, media reporter at Axios, sits down with Suraj Patel, Candidate for Congress (NY-12).
- Lessons in how to make your content go mainstream from Izzie Lerer, Founder & Chief Creative Officer, and YuJung Kim, President of The Dodo.
View all confirmed sessions here. We’ll be announcing even more in the coming weeks.
Don’t miss out on our biggest and best SMWNYC ever: Save 10% by claiming your pass by 6 p.m. Friday, March 23.
There’s a limited supply of room nights that we have available at the Sheraton, so if you’re hoping to take advantage of our discounted room rates, make your reservations ASAP!
Write for Us
Interested in sharing your ideas and insights with the world? Become a SMW News contributor and reach 300k readers each month.