The Power of Storytelling: How to Use Our Influence for Good
At SMWNYC, these sessions will spark critical conversations around evolving our storytelling efforts as they continue to be affected by new technologies.
Access exclusive SMW+ content by marketers whose careers you can emulate with a free 30-day trial!
In the digital age, the power of storytelling is more prevalent than ever before. When you have the power to reach billions of people instantaneously, the stories you tell carry influence, and with this influence comes responsibility. Our role primarily begins with recognizing that the way we tell stories today will continue to change.
During #SMWNYC, sessions led by some of the world’s most creative and successful storytellers and leading brands will discuss this precise topic as part of our global theme Stories: With Great Influence Comes Great Responsibility.
Creating storylines that are consumer-led is no easy feat. In a fireside chat, Postmate’s Eric Edge, SVP, Brand and Communications, will speak to this subject assessing how successful brands are achieving a best-in-class storytelling technique and providing actionable takeaways around adapting your brand around consumer-driven stories. In a similar vein, Jason Hsiao, Chief Video Offer and Co-Founder of Animoto, will share his best tips and tricks for capturing eyes across Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube through key video marketing tactics brands and influencers swear by.
The first step in navigating the evolution of storytelling is embracing our responsibility. Award-winning storyteller, Ari Kuschnir, will explore this notion by outlining ways to fully realize storytelling’s true potential through the lens of his favorite bio/neuro hacking tools.
In a closing keynote address, best-selling author and entrepreneur Seth Godin will discuss ways to find the balance between causing a “ruckus” without “becoming a hard-working cog in a system that doesn’t care.”
Additional sessions to bookmark include:
- Why We Buy: How Storytelling Drives the Purchase Process, hosted by Entrepreneur.com
- The Art of Storytelling: The Currency of Culture, hosted by Marcus Collins, Chief Consumer Connections Officer, Doner Advertising
- How to Tell Stories in a Multi and Omni Channel World, hosted by IBM Watson
- How BuzzFeed’s Creators Program is Innovating the Influencer Model, hosted by BuzzFeed
- Social Impact Storytelling: Getting to “Go,” hosted by Columbia University
- Navigating Media’s New World Order: How Data Can Enhance Your Storytelling, hosted by Comscore
- Stories of Survival: How to Use Adversity to Rise Above the Crowd, hosted by Ultra Marathoner, Charlie Engle
- Building a Marketing Organization Setup for a Social Future, hosted by T-Mobile
There’s still time to join these speakers and many more in New York this spring (April 30-May 2, at the Sheraton New York Times Square) at 10% off the walkup price– so act fast, and look toward a future of effective positive storytelling with us!
Join 100,000+ fellow marketers who advance their skills and knowledge by subscribing to our weekly newsletter.
WATCH OUR 2019 PROMO
Write for Us
Interested in sharing your ideas and insights with the world? Become a SMW News contributor and reach 300k readers each month.