A Marketer’s Guide to Creator Studio for Instagram
Activity and audience insights, Feed posts and IGTV content, this guide to Creator Studio for Instagram has all your basics covered.
We are excited to announce the first round of leaders who will bring our 2020 theme HUMAN.X to life at our global conference in New York on May 5-7.
In early 2019, Instagram unveiled Instagram Creator Accounts as an alternative to the business profile. After a brief beta testing period, the social platform made these profiles available to anyone.
To help attract and cater to influencers, Instagram creator accounts offers a variety of key features and tools for influencers to go even deeper on their follower metrics. These span daily unfollow and follow counts and important demographic specifics such as age and location of your audience. Such metrics give influencers critical background into who exactly their followers are, and how the content is impacting their experience and engagement.
In order to easily track these bits of information, Instagram unveiled a handy dashboard dubbed “Creator Studio” where you can easily manage your Instagram presence.
At its core, Studio offers the capability of viewing and tracking your posts across multiple accounts, refine your strategy through activity and audience insights, and schedule and publish Feed posts and IGTV content from your desktop.
Recently, the platform published an eight-page guide providing helpful details around how to make the best use of Creator Studio. Here are the three-step basics to getting started:
- Make sure you have an Instagram account and Facebook Page (and that your Instagram account is connected to the Facebook Page that you manage)
- Make sure that you’ve switched your Instagram account to a business profile or Creator Account
- Open Creator Studio on your desktop and click the Instagram icon at the top of the page
At this stage, what you select next is dependent on how your Instagram account and Facebook page are connected.
- If you manage a Facebook Page that’s already connected to the Instagram account you want to use in Creator Studio, click to connect to that Page.
- If you don’t already manage a Facebook Page that’s connected to an Instagram account, click “Connect to Instagram.” Then follow the instructions to log into the Instagram account you want to connect.
- If you manage a Facebook Page that’s connected to an Instagram account, but want to use a different Instagram account you don’t see listed, click “Connect another Instagram Account” and follow the instructions.
- If you have multiple Instagram accounts already connected to your Facebook Page or Pages and want to manage them in Creator Studio, click “Continue with Connected Accounts.”
Now that you’re set-up, let’s take a closer look at some of the features of Studio:
Activity & Audience Insights
Creator Studio allows individuals to track the specific number of actions their audience has taken in a seven-day window including the number of profile visits and clickthroughs to a website. You can also trace the number of unique accounts that have visited your posts and the estimated number of times all of your posts have been seen over the last week.
Audience-wise, use insights to trace the age and gender of your followers, when they’re most active on the platform, and the top countries and cities where they’re located. Identify which stories yielded the most positive impact and what types of content aren’t contributing to your channel’s growth.
Publishing: Feed & IGTV
After creating a caption and uploading any desired media such as a video, photo, or carousel to your post, you have the option to cross-post media to your Facebook Page allowing you to connect with more of your audience. Depending on your needs and interests, you can select to either push the post live immediately, or schedule your content out as far as 6 months in advance.
The same holds for IGTV. Once you’ve uploaded the video and filled out the title, description, hashtag, mentions, and any other key detail you want to share with your audience, you can create a Feed Preview or cross-post to Facebook. Like Feed posts, you have the choice to upload instantly or choose a certain day and time up to 6 months out.
Join 100,000+ fellow marketers who advance their skills and knowledge by subscribing to our weekly newsletter.
WATCH THE SMWNYC 2019 RECAP
Write for Us
Interested in sharing your ideas and insights with the world? Become a SMW News contributor and reach 300k readers each month.