Here’s Your Chance To Take The Stage At SMWNYC 2020
Speaker and event submissions for the 12th edition of SMWNYC (May 5-7) is now live! Here are some insider tips to increase your chances of being selected.
Calling all speakers and thought leaders: We’ve opened our call for submissions for #SMWNYC 2020, to be held May 5-7 at the Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel.
The deadline is November 5th, but we encourage you to apply as early as possible, as we review pitches on a rolling basis.
To get you started, here are some insider tips to increase your chances of being selected.
Get to know the global theme
The global theme for 2020 is HUMAN.X, and will emphasize taking a hard look at the meaning of human-first, experience-led marketing and what makes our industry a force for good in the world.
Skim our blog post and align your pitch with some of the topics we’ve highlighted as priorities for our upcoming conferences.
Get inspiration from 2019 standout sessions
Casey Neistat shares insights about his son’s media consumption and how buying ad space before a YouTube video does not capture an audience anymore. #SMWNYC
Posted by Social Media Week on Friday, May 17, 2019
Stories have the power to influence the world and the people who consume them, and with this influence comes responsibility.
Check out some of our favorite sessions from #SMWNYC 2019 that helped facilitate this important conversation throughout the year and were spot-on in meeting our standards:
- Slay, Queen!: RuPaul’s Drag Race and How to Build Community, Culture & Content – Hosted by Viacom Ad Solutions
- The Evolution of Creativity: Reinventing Communities with Casey Neistat – Hosted by Grey
- Tomorrow’s Social Customer Experience is Here Today: Personalization, Connection and Rising Expectations – Hosted by Salesforce Marketing Solutions
- Conversation as a Canvas: The Future of Content In Messaging – Hosted by Emogi
- Seeing Business Differently: How AmEx Raised the Conversation to Sell Value, Not Just Products – Hosted by American Express
- How to Drive Business by Cultivating Influencer Relationships – Hosted by Adobe
- People First: Building Ideas That Thrive in a Connected World – Hosted by Facebook
- The Copernican Shift: Three Stages of Marketing Evolution – Hosted by Sprinklr
- How the Mobile Phone Collapsed the Marketing Funnel – Hosted by MikMak
- Seizing the Moment: How to Harness the Cultural Zeitgeist – Hosted by Google
- The Evolution of Consumer Driven Storytelling – Hosted by Postmates
- Ten Trends to Watch in Social Media: From Wunderman Thompson’s Future 100 – Hosted by Wunderman Thompson
- LinkedIn’s Top B2B Marketing Trends – Hosted by LinkedIn
- Changing the Status Quo through Fun and Authenticity – Featuring Shake Shack & Business Insider
- Positioning Your Influencer Campaigns for Success: Featuring Insights From Grubhub – Hosted by The Outloud Group
- Listening For A Change: Reddit’s Community-Based Approach To Brand Strategy – Hosted by Reddit
- Focusing on the Moments that Matter: How to Blend AI, Data and Experiential Design – Hosted by Accenture
- How the Most Loved Brand in Wireless Uses Data to Build a Better Experience with T-Mobile – Hosted by Decoded Advertising
- How Do We Sound? How Podcasts and Audio are Changing the Ways We Engage – Hosted by The New York Times
- Saving the Attention Economy from Addiction, Fraud, and Hate – Hosted by Human Ventures
- What Marketers Can Learn from the “Rest of the World” – Hosted by GroupM
- Social Media and the Revolution – Featuring Best Selling Author, Seth Godin
We base our decisions on a number of criteria, but above all the important thing to remember is keeping your pitch focused on creating value for the audience. What they take away from your session can fundamentally shape their thinking and their perception of you as a thought-leader.
Here are some highlights to serve as your litmus test when crafting your pitch:
- Speaker profile: Main Stage sessions are reserved for senior and/or high profile speakers.
- Self-promotion: Sessions must not be self-promotional (person, company or product) in nature.
- Format: Ensure your title stands out, include key audience takeaways, and build your pitch on a single topic your company is uniquely qualified to speak to.
- Diversity: Ensuring gender balance and appropriate representation of POC is absolutely essential.
Join 100,000+ fellow marketers who advance their skills and knowledge by subscribing to our weekly newsletter.
WATCH THE SMWNYC 2019 RECAP
Watch keynote speaker Seth Godin
Bestselling Author and Entrepreneur, Seth Godin spoke at #SMWNYC. Watch his talk + hundreds of others on SMW Insider.
Watch SMW Live
SMW Insider is a premium video platform that streams more than 300+ hours of talks, presentations, and interviews from leading industry experts.
Write for Us
Interested in sharing your ideas and insights with the world? Become a SMW News contributor and reach 300k readers each month.