Social Media Week Chicago 2013: It’s a wrap
Social Media Week is a leading news platform and worldwide conference that curates and shares the best ideas and insights into social media and technology's impact on business, society, and culture.
After 5 days with 181 sessions, Social Media Week Chicago 2013 is a wrap! On behalf of the host team at Zócalo Group and 435 Digital, we’d like to extend a hearty thank you to the speakers, sponsors, advisory board members, attendees, organizers, and volunteers who all chipped in to make the week a great success!
Here are some topline statistics:
- + 4,740 unique participants completed more than 21,000 total registrations
- + 6,036 unique Livestream views
- + 90.3 million social media impressions between Aug 1 and Sept. 29.
And some of the week’s highlights:
- + Morningstar founder Joe Mansueto talked with Chicago Tribune Business Columist Melissa Harris about how his business has evolved
- + Cheezburger CEO Ben Huh discussed how the rise of connected devices is changing what we create and value
- + Twitter, Foursquare, Outbrain, Tumblr and LinkedIn talked about the power of paid social
- + Ed Brill, IBM and Jeff Woelker, Zócalo Group talked about the intersection of mobile and social
- + Entrepreneur Bill Rancic moderated a panel about the best tools for social listening
- + Paul M. Rand of Zócalo Group talked about the power of word of mouth and social media and launched his new book, “Highly Recommended,” with a keynote and networking reception
- + 435 Digital presented on how to improve social with SEO
- + Chicago’s hottest chefs discussed their “secret ingredient”
- + Special events like the #SMWTailgate took Social Media Week out of the conference room and out into the city. At the tailgate, SMW attendees had a chance to take photos with the Heisman Trophy.
Want to write for Social Media Week?
We're looking for individuals around the globe to contribute articles on marketing, media, technology, and more.