Meet The SMW Student Reporters!

Social Media Week

Social Media Week is a leading news platform and worldwide conference that curates and shares the best ideas and insights into social media and technology's impact on business, society, and culture.

We’re thrilled to introduce a brand new Student Reporter program to Social Media Week Chicago this year. Maggie Gallagher and Jessenia Martinez will attend a handful of events and assist with live coverage on our blog and social media feeds. If you see them running around, stop and say hello!

20140911_100454 Maggie Gallagher is a senior at DePaul University studying journalism and graphic design. She previously interned at ABC7’s Windy City Live and is the current photo editor for DePaul’s DePaulia student newspaper, and an intern at the Michael Group, a media production company. Maggie is passionate about storytelling and wants to use her skills to tell stories that might not always get the exposure they deserve. Maggie is from Washington, D.C., and has lived in Chicago for 3 years. She enjoys exploring Chicago’s food scene, traveling abroad and reading. Maggie is looking forward to going beyond the surface level and learning about social media’s impact at Social Media Week Chicago 2014. Follow Maggie on Twitter at @maggietrueg.

20140911_100621Jessenia Martinez is starting her third year as a journalism major at DePaul University. Originally from the Chicagoland area, she loves the city but eventually wants to travel for a bit, particularly to Seoul because she loves Asian culture. Jessenia has interned at TheMash.com, the Chicago Tribune’s teen-focused website, and took advantage of all the local event opportunities that accompanied. With her passion for “entertainment with an education twist” Jessenia hopes to work in the magazine industry after graduating, perhaps as a travel blogger. As for social media, she loves following people who provide quick tips, life hacks and, of course, freebies! Follow Jessenia on Twitter at @jesseniammtz.

Want to write for Social Media Week?

We're looking for individuals around the globe to contribute articles on marketing, media, technology, and more.

Comments