Announcing the Initial Schedule of Events for #SMWChicago
Register for #SMWChicago, which takes place this November 15-18 bringing together thousands of leaders in media, entertainment, and technology.
This November, Social Media Week returns to Chicago for a week of thought-provoking and educational events, and today we’re thrilled to release the initial program for #SMWChicago.
Please note that the initial schedule release is just a small sample of what’s to come, with more events rolling out over the next several weeks.
Some highlights of the initial #SMWChicago program include:
- Why your brand should stop trying so hard on social media, especially if “legal” and “approval process” are in your vocabulary (Hosted by Havas Chicago)
- Why vanity metrics are misleading, and the new ways to create engagement with your audience (Hosted by Cisco)
- How the founder of Mugglenet, the leading Harry Potter site, approaches virality, and his step-by-step lessons on how shareable content is created and distributed (Hosted by DOSE)
- The science of shareable video, and how data informs creative teams on Facebook (Hosted by LittleThings)
- Gaming as an ideal medium for brand marketers, and which ads gamers actually like (Hosted by IAB)
- Common pitfalls to avoid and best practices to explore when introducing (or reintroducing) social collaboration into your organization (Hosted by Edelman)
- Witness a group of “Virtual Reality Virgins” experience VR technology minutes before taking the stage and sharing their thoughts and reactions (Hosted by Ketchum)
- Our addiction to social media, why we act so irrationally online, and why social media (and emojis) will one day save the human race (Hosted by theAudience)
- Explore the light-under-the-door in terms of the blockchain-led future that investors, media, analysts, and executives anticipate (Hosted by Edelman)
- How to boost ad performance across Facebook and Instagram (Hosted by Adaptly)
We’re adding more events to the schedule over the coming weeks, including panels and talks lead by media and technology’s most creative and innovative leaders.
This year’s conference will take place at VenueOne featuring a theatre that holds 400 people, co-working lounges, and space to relax as you enjoy the incredible sessions throughout the week.
The aim this year is to provide attendees, speakers and partners with a much bigger stage and plenty of space to make #SMWChicago your office and learning headquarters for the week.
If you haven’t registered yet, there’s still time to secure your pass at an early bird discounted rate and join over 1,000 industry professionals coming to Chicago this November 15-18.
Want to write for Social Media Week?
We're looking for individuals around the globe to contribute articles on marketing, media, technology, and more.