What Would Ferris Bueller Do? Aka: "Making Someone Feel Like The Coolest Kid At The Party with Personalisation Marketing"
3:00 PM - 3:25 PM
Hosted by Yelp
Venue SIX10: Stage Two 610 S Michigan Ave Chicago IL 60605
Welcome to the next generation of Marketing and Social Media. Literally.
As Yelp’s Senior Community Director in Chicago, Alex Shebar will talk about marketing “around a group of people” rather than “towards a group of people.” This means first figuring out who this target audience is and what they want. Too many marketing campaigns start and end with the product: We are this. We do this. You should buy us. But it doesn’t relate at all to the person who might be buying it and give them any reason to care.
Today’s world is no longer just about the function or convenience of a product, but how does it fit into a person’s daily life. If you can give them a reason to want to buy, to want to talk about it on social media, to feel like their life is enhanced by buying the product or joining in, then they will. And that’s personalized marketing.
- What is Personalized Marketing
- Why personalized marketing is important. For instance, these facts:
- Businesses that personalize web experiences see an average 19% increase in sales. (MarketingProfs)
- 71% of companies fail to personalize their websites. (Dynamic Yield)
- Personalized marketing emails receive 29% higher open rates and 41% higher click-through rates. (Experian)
- 70% of companies don’t personalize marketing emails. (Experian)
- Examples of companies that are excelling in the field
- Easy applicable steps people can do to incorporate personalized marketing into their own companies
- A conclusion about the importance of changing the way they see their customers, to look at them not as dollar signs but as real people, and then the dollar signs will come.
Venue & Location
Venue SIX10: Stage Two610 S Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60605