Last Updated: May 24, 2018
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
A cookie is a piece of information sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies can help a website like ours recognize repeat users and allow a website to track web usage behavior. Cookies work by assigning a number to the user that has no meaning outside of the assigning website. For more details on cookies and similar technologies please visit All About Cookies.
Cookies can be stored on your computer for different periods of time. “Session cookies” only last for as long as the browser session and are deleted automatically once you close your browser. “Persistent cookies” cookies survive after your browser is closed until a defined expiration date set in the cookie (as determined by the third party placing it), and help recognize your computer when you open your browser and browse the Internet again.
The Site uses first party cookies (cookies set directly by us and are essential for using and navigating our services) as well as third-party cookies, as described below.
We also use pixel tags (usually in combination with cookies), from the third parties described below, to get information about your usage of the Site and our services. Pixel tags are a technology similar to cookies that can be embedded in online content or within the body of an email for the purpose of tracking activity on websites (for example, to know when content has been shown to you), or to know when you have viewed particular content or a particular email message.
TYPES OF COOKIES USED
Type: Strictly Necessary; Session
- Payments Engine
- Current Branch
- Identity Service
- Identity Session
- Original URL
- Opt Out: Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Site and our services, you cannot refuse them.
Type: Analytics / Performance; Persistent
Google Analytics: Google Analytics helps understand how visitors use the Site. Google, Inc. (“Google”) will use this information on our behalf to evaluate your use of the Site, compile reports on Site activity and similar data relating to use of the. Your IP address and other information collected by this cookie will be sent to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
To learn how Google uses data collected on our Site, visit https://policies.google.com/privacy/partners?hl=en-GB&gl=uk.
Learn more on the individual cookies and their expiration at: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage.
Intercom: Cookies from Intercom allow us to track usage across most of our Site. Expiration of these cookies depends on the cookies used (generally, between 1 week and 1 year). Learn more here: https://www.intercom.com/terms-and-policies#privacy.
Opt Out: You can block or delete cookies by changing the browser settings as explained under the “Your Choices” section below. To opt out of Google Analytics, you can download and install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your current web browser at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
Type: Functionality; Persistent
- YouTube: Some of our websites embed videos or include links from YouTube. When visiting any of our pages with content from YouTube these cookies may be presented. Expiration of these cookies depends on the cookies used (generally, between 6 months – 2 years). Learn more here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/types
- JW Player: Some of our websites embed videos from Vimeo. When visiting any of our pages with content from JW Player these cookies may be presented. They expire after 2 years. Learn more here https://www.jwplayer.com/privacy/
- BigMarker: Our SMW+ video platoform is hosted on BigMarker. When visiting any of our SMW+ pages cookies may be presented. Expiration of these cookies depends on the cookies used (generally, between 6 months – 2 years).Learn more here https://www.bigmarker.com/privacy
- Gravity Forms: We use Gravity Forms to build some of the forms on our websites. The cookies from Gravity Forms allow us to use this functionality. Expiration of these cookies depends on the cookies used (generally, between 3 months – 1 year). Learn more here https://www.gravityforms.com/terms-and-conditions/
- Opt Out: You can block or delete cookies by changing the browser settings as explained under the “Your Choices” section below.
Type: Advertising; Persistent
- Facebook: Facebook helps you stay in touch with your network through your website/mobile application. Because we include a link for you to view our Facebook profiles via our Site, Facebook includes an advertising cookie on the Site. These cookies expire after 2 months. Learn more here: https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
- DoubleClick: Enables Google and its partners to serve ads to you based on your visit to our Site. Learn more about Google’s privacy practices here: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
- Twitter: Twitter provides real time updates from across the globe on the latest trending stories, ideas and opinions from the Twitter accounts or hashtags that you choose to follow. We make it easier for you to share our website content over Twitter. Learn more here: https://twitter.com/en/privacy
Opt Out: You can block or delete cookies by changing the browser settings as explained under the “Your Choices” section below. The providers listed below also offer direct opt-out functionalities:
- Facebook: To opt out, please visit https://www.f.acebook.com/help/769828729705201.
- DoubleClick: You may opt out of personalized advertising by visiting Google’s Ads Settings at the following link: https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated. You can also prevent your data from being collected by DoubleClick on our Site by downloading and installing the DoubleClick Opt-out Browser Add-on for your current web browser at the following link: https://support.google.com/ads/answer/7395996.
Please note that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of the Site.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can alter the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance. Please see the links below for guidance on how to modify your web browser’s settings on the most popular browsers:
Cookie Settings in Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Cookie Settings in Firefox: https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Cookies
Cookie Settings in Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
Cookie Settings in Safari
- iPad/iPhone: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- macOS: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?locale=en_US
Most advertising networks offer you a way to opt out of targeted advertising. If you would like to find out more information, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or http://www.youronlinechoices.com.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Crowdcentric at firstname.lastname@example.org