Upworthy is a media company on a mission: to change what the world pays attention to. Every day we tell purposeful stories designed to engage and inspire over 200mm+ conscientious and concerned consumers.
The Upworthy audience expects everything they read and watch from Upworthy to be meaningful — and that includes branded content. This session explored the unique challenges and opportunities this presents, and focused on Upworthy’s unique approach to partnering with brands, foundations and non-profits.
In this session, we learned about:
- The number one thing our audience requires to engage with branded content.
- The dynamics of attention.
- The difference between eyeballs and impact, and how to effectively deliver both.
- Utilizing data and purpose to supercharge performance.
- The key elements of successful cause marketing for an increasingly skeptical audience.