Masterclass Recap: Winning With Content
Social Media Week is a leading news platform and worldwide conference that curates and shares the best ideas and insights into social media and technology's impact on business, society, and culture.
Femi Falodun, CEO of ID Africa, takes this session which is hosted by EiE Nigeria.
Content Marketing is a program that centers on creating, publishing and distributing useful content for a target audience – usually online, with the ultimate goal of attracting new customers. Brands are looking for new ways to engage people and good content marketing is able to achieve that objective.
- Categories of Content That Work:
- Quizzes and Polls
- Publications: e-books, case studies etc
To develop a content strategy you need to know the following;
- Your purpose and goals: Why are you creating content and what value will it provide to your business?
- Your audience: For whom are you creating content and what’s in it for them?
- Your story: What specific, unique and valuable ideas will you build your content assets (materials and channels) around? How will you humanize your brand?
- Your process: How will you structure and manage your operations to activate your plans and ensure creativity?
- Your measurement: How will you gauge performance and continually optimize your efforts?
It’s also important to have your strategy statement which will serve as a reference guide for what you set out to achieve with your content.
The Content process involves strategy development, research, and content optimization. Master the art of conversation, listening, measuring and learning. Get familiar with the reach and level of engagement and sentiment your content generates.
To optimize your content, you should consider using the following;
- SEM (Search Engine Marketing)
- Location (Geo-tagging)
- Hashtags & keywords
- Description (video, image etc)
- Relevance and Timeliness
- Keep a brainstorming Google Doc and Evernote
- Track topics with trends and pull ideas into Evernote
- Map content ideas against Google Analytics
- Keep an ongoing Content Ideas Board
- Share performance metrics in weekly or monthly meetings
- Use Feedly to stay up to date with your industry plan and a six month editorial calendar
- Have weekly meetings to ensure alignment
- Use Trello to keep track of ideas
Monetizing content is about your reach. You can explore Google ads, Set up display ads or the double click option among others for this.
Want to write for Social Media Week?
We're looking for individuals around the globe to contribute articles on marketing, media, technology, and more.