9:00 AM - 10:15 AM
Hosted by HACEY Health Initiative
Hangout Suite Water Corporation Road Plot 5B VI Lagos
Disease, conflict, poor access to basic social services, poverty and unemployment are some of the challenges of development we face every day. Improving the well-being of every individual has become a global goal pursued by all in the last century. With the recently signed Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), countries now have a set of 17 goals and 169 targets to reach to create a better life for all by 2030.
Technological innovations are being developed that provide healthcare services to hard to reach places; education to rural communities and access to information for everyone who needs it. However, the usefulness and impact of most of these ‘tech solutions‘ are not linked to the achievement of development goals (such as MDGs).
Code 4 Impact is aimed at stirring thoughts/action in organizations and tech savvy (and not-so-tech savvy) individuals towards developing targeted solution that connected to achieving the SGDs. In order words, creating technology for development. It will promote young women in technology for addressing development challenges. The session will also share the objectives of the CODE 4 IMPACT program currently running in Lagos state to build coding skills for development in young women.
If you are a…
- Civil Society Organization
- Development organization and/or practitioner
- Private and Tech organization
- Activist and Technovist (technology activist)
- Human being
… this event welcomes you!
our objectives are to help you:
- Understand the importance of the SDGs and the role technology can play in making it happen
- Gain knowledge about different technological solutions that have been/are being designed to solve social problems: their use, successes and bugs
- Engage with each other to come up with tech ideas for development
- Engage with tech hubs that could provide support for the development of their ideas
- Have the opportunity to join the CODE 4 IMPACT program
This program is organized by HACEY, an organization dedicated to improving the health and productivity of the under-served population in Africa.
Venue & Location
Hangout SuiteWater Corporation Road Plot 5B