3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Hosted by The Guardian Nigeria
Innovation Stage Powered by Visa Plot 5B, Water Corporation Road, Oniru Victoria Island Lagos
2016 was a year of huge recognition for the Nigerian tech space, with the presence of Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg and Michael Seibel, and Qasar Younis of Y Combinator. These visits have brought a lot of focus to the Nigeria tech scene from investors and makes it important for tech startups to understand what Africa’s tech investors are looking for.
The Future of Digital Publishing; What Africa’s Investors Are Looking for in Digital Media will explore:
- Early-Stage Media Investing: How to meet investors, pitch them, and what it really takes to get them to write you a check?
- Who are the active players investing in digital media in Africa?
- What are the hot trends and new opportunities in digital media; are some overhyped?
- Is regulation (i.e zero rated data/data tariff hike, social media and OTT regulation) scaring away investors?
- Can localized copycat models of a global success story work? Is the local market opportunity big enough to attract your investment?
- What sort of valuations should local media platforms carry in light of sky-high global acquisition prices for media companies recently?
- What is one investment thesis for Africa that you believe in that no one else does?
- Given your leanings and global perspectives what advice would you give to entrepreneurs?
Venue & Location
Innovation Stage Powered by VisaPlot 5B, Water Corporation Road, Oniru
Victoria Island, Lagos