4:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Hosted by The Guardian Nigeria
SMW Studio Water Corporation Road - Plot 5B Oniru Lagos
Facebook and Google products like Instant Articles, Facebook Basics and Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) are ostensibly aimed at improving consumer experience but also have the effect of consolidating the considerable leverage of these platforms over publishers and media owners. Apple News, Snapchat Discover and a host of other platform plays have further pulled publisher content away from their own wholly owned sites.
This panel examines the implications of growing platform control over media access from a range of perspectives.
Discussion points and take-aways from this panel are;
- Get along or get to war – how do the smartest publishers respond to growing platform influence over audience access to their content?
- Are platforms and publishers essentially adversaries in this or is this a mutually beneficial state of play?
- What happens when publishers don’t own their own audience data?
- How has media buying strategy changed considering these trends?
- What results are leading brands having in working with platforms?
- What role do ad-tech and publisher-led content marketing play in publisher revenue going forward?
Venue & Location
SMW StudioWater Corporation Road - Plot 5B