10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Hosted by Sickle Cell Advocacy and Mgt Initiative
The SAMI CENTER 15 Modupe Johnson Cresent Surulere Lagos
The Future of Non Profit Communication In The Technology Space is a multi format Master Class with a goal to help NGOs achieve visibility, impact and raise funds by leveraging on social platforms and other helpful online and offline applications for greater effectiveness. In a report by Kimberlee Morrison on Social Times, there is a gap in the use of internet and social platforms by NGOs in developing countries like Africa. However in recent times even though the development of internet infrastructure has been hindered by political and economic instability in Africa, there is a rise in mobile and new technology. This is therefore positioning NGO sector to pioneering new technologies for social good .
From the use videos, like Facebook live, Periscope, to the apps like those created to improve effectiveness in blood distribution or even to help NGOs build curriculum etc, it’s effectiveness in the new technology space is set to push past the traditional approach.
Attendees will learn
- How you can leverage on social platforms to gain visibility
- How you can create captivating stories around a worthy cause using the new language technology
- How you can use new languages in technology to attract influencers
- What strategies can be used to disseminate information, create awareness and raising fund on social media
- How social applications can be used for training, operational efficiency, fundraising and organizational awareness
Who should attend this session?
- People in the nonprofit sector, civil society, NGOs and social enterprises
- Volunteers who work in the social sector space,
- Social media manager/ officer who work in the nonprofit space
- Organizations who want to be involved in CSR to increase their brand story
- Bloggers and anyone who are interested in cause advocacy
About Sickle Cell Advocacy and Mgt Initiative – a non profit/nongovernmental organisation is a mission to empower and improve the lives of people, especially with sickle cell disorder through strategic partnership by educating, creating awareness, and providing support
This event is FREE and open to all registered SMW attendees.
Venue & Location
The SAMI CENTER15 Modupe Johnson Cresent