1:30 PM - 3:00 PM
Hosted by Imaginaire
Meetup Suite Water Corporation Road - Plot 5B Oniru Lagos
Studies have shown that cultural inclination plays a major role in how we access and process information. This in turn affects how we communicate as a people. As Nigerians, this has become all too evident as indigenous mannerisms and unique lingo, that only Nigerians can understand, has flooded our timelines and hashtags have become cultural tools.
This second edition of the Memeplex series tagged Memeplex 2.0, is a multi-format showcase event that will premiere a unique mobile gaming experience with the intent of revealing each player’s level of ‘Naijaness’. The game called ‘NAIJAMETER’ will feature an animated, multi-level, multi-choice question format that will see each player/team choosing the most Nigerian answer to the questions provided to rise up the ranks and receive a true naija rating with animated bragging rights.
The talk will feature a discourse on how brands can leverage on memes and animated illustrations to align with newer audiences and create a cultural experience in the process.
Memeplex 2.0 is targeted at tech enthusiasts, social influencers, serial bloggers, social entrepreneurs, communication experts and everybody else.
Attendees will gain:
- A deeper knowledge on how to ‘culturalize’ communication and present global ideas to an indigenous audience.
- A Naija Gaming Experience that rewards your level of ‘Nigerianess’
- A better grasp at how to position local brands to communicate and garner global appeal.
- A preview into global studies on gaming as a social construct and its implication in how we process information.
- The session will also address communication and how it has been influenced by our cultural realities.
- How brands can leverage on memes and animated illustrations to align with newer audiences and create a cultural experience in the process.
Who should attend this session?
Memeplex 2.0 is targeted at tech enthusiasts, social influencers, serial bloggers, social entrepreneurs, communication experts, language analysts, innovators and everybody else interested in branding and communication.
Venue & Location
Meetup SuiteWater Corporation Road - Plot 5B