1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
Hosted by Social Prefect Tours
Experience Stage Powered by Purple Water Corporation Road - Plot 5B VI Lagos
In recent years, there has been a significant shift in the way Nigerians travel. People are choosing to vacation in places within Nigeria! Social media travel influencers are showcasing beautiful destinations like Yankari in Bauchi, Gurara waterfalls, Kajuru castle in Kaduna, Obudu mountain resort in Cross river, the Calabar carnival, Olumo rock Abeokuta, Erin Ijesha waterfalls in Osun, just to mention a few.
Social Media & Nigerian Tourism: Bridging the Gap, Telling the Stories is a panel discussion that will feature top Nigerian travel bloggers, travel photographers and tour operators who are blazing the trail in an untapped industry. Panelists will discuss the best destinations within Nigeria for travelers looking to experience rich Nigerian culture, history and food.
Panelists will discuss challenges and opportunities for tourism in Nigeria and how social media and communications can boost tourism, create industry jobs, unify Nigerians and Africans and contribute immensely to the economic development of Nigeria.
What are the potentials of tourism in Nigeria? and how has social media helped to promote tourism?
Tourism has so much potential in Nigeria, from job creation to investment opportunities for the country and foreigners visiting. Social media has helped and can further help to showcase our tourism potentials, culture and beauty to the world.
- Travel and tourism professionals, travel bloggers, travel enthusiasts, explorers and all Nigerians passionate about showing the positive sides of Nigeria to the world are invited to join us in the discussion!
- learn about the growth of Tourism in Nigeria.
- discover the Nigeria they usually don’t see in a recap of the best tourism related photos and postings of the year
- learn how they can be part of Nigeria’s tourism boom
- learn how tourism in Nigeria can contribute to the annual GDP
- be informed of the current challenges facing tourism in Nigeria and the possible solutions.
- learn about the major role in which Social media has played in bringing tourism in Nigeria to the limelight.
Venue & Location
Experience Stage Powered by PurpleWater Corporation Road - Plot 5B