10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Hosted by W.TEC – Women’s Technology Empowerment Centre
Experience Stage Powered by Purple Water Corporation Road - Plot 5B VI Lagos
The Women’s Technology Empowerment Centre (W.TEC) is organising an interactive discussion, which brings together ICT and educational experts to discuss and present the modalities and possible advantages of introducing, curriculums in schools on social media and internet business towards Nigerian economic and youth development.
In line with the drive to diversify the Nigerian economy and the SMW 2016 theme, which is ‘’The Networked African; Technology’s Impact on Africa (and How We Can Harness it for Good)’’. Social Media in Schools: A Case for Tech Curriculum will explore the educational, economic and financial impact of a social media curriculum implemented in Nigerian schools, and thus will:
• Explore interesting statistical figures of social media usage, business earnings, economic impact in Africa, Asia and Europe.
• Examining a design for a curriculum on social media and tech business for schools.
• Implementation of the programme to shaping a buoyant social media and internet business sector for the economy
• Exploring the jobs and opportunities the curriculum is set to inspire
• Exploring the possible earnings of such jobs to be created
The program is targeted at the ICT savvy youth, executives and ruling class. Participants are coming to be a part of a change for our future and get to be familiarised with the the various lucrative ICT fields, currently operating in the Nigerian ICT space.
Venue & Location
Experience Stage Powered by PurpleWater Corporation Road - Plot 5B