3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Hosted by TVP Adventures
Experience Stage Powered by Purple Water Corporation Road - Plot 5B VI Lagos
TVP Adventures organizes group tours, custom trips, honeymoons, retreats and other adventures around Nigeria and the world. This interactive session explores how technology is changing travel and tourism in Nigeria. We will assemble a panel of experienced tour operators, travel bloggers and tourism influencers to discuss how technology is helping Nigerians uncover a new Nigeria and the potential for a rejuvenated tourism industry in Nigeria. New and creative methods of communication across Social Media including videos, virtual tours, infographics, apps, vlogs, blogs and Instagram Stories are changing the face of travel and it is an exciting change which we need to harness.
More importantly, these new technological languages are broadening the opportunities for travel by connecting hosts with guests, providing virtual experiences, stirring up photography challenges, increasing patronage and tourism job opportunities and encouraging investment in travel and tourism.
Nigeria has an abundant supply of tourism potential and technology is leading the creative manifestation of this potential. This event will also expose opportunities for those who are interested in participating in the industry.
- What is here to see? – Do we have enough natural features, culture, history and innovation to drive tourism? What exists? What can exist?
- Why do we care? – Is tourism a priority economically, socio-culturally and politically? Should our tourism focus focus only on international tourists or is there potential for tourism by us and for us?
- Expensive hobby or necessary exposure? – This session will address the fable that travel can only be expensive and will present the cultural and educational significance of tourism as well as opportunities for travel across all budgets.
- Tech & Travel! – What technological advancements can improve tourism?
- How to get involved. – The session will explore the abundance of opportunities within the tourism sector, especially via technology. There are several apps to be developed to meet a tourism need, several photo-stories and e-documentaries to be developed, and lots more.
Who should attend this session?
Everyone who wants to explore. From tourists to state representatives, private investors, travel bloggers and writers, photographers, technology developers, entrepreneurs and the media.
Venue & Location
Experience Stage Powered by PurpleWater Corporation Road - Plot 5B