Write For Us
SMW Lagos 2017 is looking for bloggers!
We need 6 bloggers to to write for our site in the lead up and during SMW Lagos 2017. Bloggers will work under the direction of the SMW Lagos Editorial Team.
Assignment Duration: November 1 – March 1
Compensation: stipend/post + press pass to attend SMW Lagos
In the lead up to SMW Lagos …
Pitch stories related to SMW Lagos tracks and 5-year plan
- Write posts highlighting specific content tracks
- Write sponsored posts: Highlighting sponsored sessions during the week
- Pitch enterprising stories including features, reported pieces and essays (ideas accepted upon approval)
- Be open to accepting assignments from the SMW Lagos Editorial Team
During SMW Lagos …
- Session Re-caps. Posts need to be turned around in 90min.
- Speaker Interviews/Profiles
- Live tweeting sessions as well as post photos on the SMW Lagos Instagram account
Our six bloggers will produce content along the following tracks:
(1 blogger) Governance – This blogger is knowledgeable about the intersection of politics, leadership and technology. They’ll create content along these topics and cover sessions on Governance Day during the conference as well as other sessions that fall under this topic
(1 blogger) Women in Tech – This blogger will produce content around tech, particularly women’s role in this space. They will also produce content during the conference and on our Women in Tech day
(1 blogger) Startups – This blogger is tapped into the local tech and startup space in Nigeria and Africa at large. They will produce content that highlights startups to watch, discusses the ecosystem, and explores the challenges/opportunities of launching, scaling and investing in African startups.
(1 blogger) Future of Communication – This blogger is knowledgeable of the tech landscape and trends. They will produce content around SMW Lagos 2017 theme, The [new] Language of Technology: The Future of Communication if Africa.
(2 bloggers) General Assignment – These bloggers will write general stories about tech, social media and the intersection of pop culture and digital.
When pitching stories, blogger should be informed by our focus for the next 5 years which is to provide programming that leverages social media and technology to:
- Create jobs
- Encourage and facilitate investment
- Ease access to quality education
- Achieve gender balance
Photo Credit: WOCinTech Photos