SMWLDN Fashion Day: A Day You Won’t Want to Miss: Elle, Asos, Mintel, M&S, Temperley London and more
Social Media Week is a leading news platform and worldwide conference that curates and shares the best ideas and insights into social media and technology's impact on business, society, and culture.
With four fashion events and the chance to win a trip to LA…Fashion is in the air!!
Highlighting the impact of social media in the fashion industry, new trends, challenges, the future, and much more will be featured during SMWLDN fashion day.
The day will be split in to four sessions focusing on different areas as depicted below:
9.30am – 11am: Data-Driven Fashion & the Death of Trends
The vast amount of data held by retailers and credit card companies has been the preserve of companies large enough to employ boffins to manage it. The rise of social networks and the enormous amount of freely available behavioural data, known as big data, has the potential to turn the industry upside down. Are there really trends any more, or have we seen the death of the mega-trend as interests fragment between groups that can easily form using social technologies?
An expert panel will showcase the possibilities that the data provides for the fashion business.
- Joanna Wiggins, Editor, ASOS Marketplace @JoWiggins
- Geoff Watts, Founder, EDITD @geoffwatts
- Molly Flatt, Social Business Director, 1000heads @mollyflatt
- Tamara Sender, Senior Fashion Analyst, Mintel/
- Lucy Norris, Founder & Creative Director, Pret-A-Rever @pretarever
- Natalie Thng, Head of Ecommerce, Temperley London/ @nataliethng
11.30am – 1pm: Best in Show: Who’s Rocking Social Fashion?
Which brands are rocking social media? What are they using to build their presence and engage their audiences? How can you protect your business when things go wrong?
This session will answer all these questions and much more, as it takes you on a tour of digital end of the fashion business; packed with tips and examples of best practice.
- Louise Bury, Account Manager, We Are Social @louisebury
- Anna Wills, ELLE Nokia Intern at Hearst Magazines UK @ELLENokiaIntern
- Annie Kearney, Sponsorships & Partnerships, Nokia
- Sinem Bilen-Onaburjo, Editor, Fab Magazine @sonabanjo
- Mark Brill, Managing Partner UK: Strategy, Ideation and Training, BrandEmotivity
1pm-2pm – Lunchtime & Fashion Startup Showcase
You will get the chance to look at some of the UK’s leading fashion start-ups while grabbing lunch.
Social media has given fashion consumers the platform to voice their opinion whether it’s positive or negative. Who should companies be listening to? Is it the obvious: editors, fashion bloggers and trendsetters or are there different tribes?
Finding influencers, developing engagement, handling customer service and building loyalty remain important factors fashion remain challenges fashion houses face on a regular basis.
Don’t miss the chance to engage with leading thinkers
- Xavier de Lecaros-Aquise, Co-Founder / COO – Chief Operations Officer at Girl Meets Dress.com @xavdla
- Lee Bryant, MD Europe at Dachis Group @leebryant
- Andrew Grill, CEO of KRED @andrewgrill
- Azeem Azhar, Founder & CEO of Peer Index @azeem
- Joshua March, Co-Founder & CEO of Conversocial @joshuamarch
4pm – 5.30pm – Tap Your Heels 3 Times: Dreaming of Fashion’s Social Future
How will the next generation of more visual social networks and apps re-define the relationship between customers, designers and retailers? Does this spell the end of the catwalk? Will online retailers dominate the offline world, or even start their own bricks’n’mortar adventures? Ponder the future, come along and join the discussion.
- Sam Sethi, Founder & CTO at Skadoosh @ssethi
- Justin Reid, Director of Marketing & Destinations, Betapond @justinreid123
- Julia Monro, Social Media Manager, Marks and Spencer
- Karinna Nobbs, Lecturer in Fashion Branding and Retail Strategy, London College of Fashion @karinnanobbs
- Vincent Thome, Co-Founder, Nuji @thomevincent
// Register Now
Fancy a trip to LA? It’s time for a competition
Win a trip to Social Media Week LA courtesy of Nokia, Social Media Week and StyleSaint, $4,500 worth of prizes in addition to the new Nokia Lumina 900 Enter Now.
Want to write for Social Media Week?
We're looking for individuals around the globe to contribute articles on marketing, media, technology, and more.