Giving You The Smarts: 16 Things You’ll Learn at #SMWLDN this September
Social Media Week brings together the leading brands and individuals in media, marketing, and technology for a week of conversations and learning. Register here to attend SMW London this September 13-16.
This September, we’re bringing together the brightest minds and the biggest brands, publishers, agencies and platforms to give you access to the latest trends, insights and best practices in social media.
Join us in London for Social Media Week, and you will learn:
1. How National Geographic uses the power of storytelling to engage millions of fans simultaneously across Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
2. How Gary Vaynerchuck’s 600 person social media agency VaynerMedia thinks about the shift in consumer attention and how brands need to adjust to the rapid changes that are happening on platforms like Instagram and Snapchat.
3. How Weber Shandwick uses data to build a business case for social media to help their clients make better and more informed decisions.
4. How The Economist has moved from a print-only newspaper in 1843 to a digital multimedia publication with more than 34 million followers on social media in 2016.
5. How Sky News, CNN, Twitter and FleishmanHillard Fishburn think about the digital revolution, and how it has reshaped the ways news is gathered and the way stories are told.
6. How Blue State Digital, the agency behind Obama’s successful 2008 and 2012 election campaigns and Lloyds Bank think about customer behaviour in the context of social data.
7. How, according to marketing agency HeyHuman, our brains are being re-wired in a Generation Tinder world and what neuroscience is teaching us in regards to the future of human communication.
8. How 10 fast-talking digital experts feel technology is changing business and society for the better in The Invisible Hand Ignite Show, hosted by H+K Strategies.
9. How platforms like Facebook and the algorithms that power them are taking on a prime role in public debate and shaping civil society and political opinion in a conversation lead by the CEO of Edelman UK.
10. How BuzzFeed News partnered with Facebook Live for a EU Referendum debate and drew a bigger audience than similar programmes on terrestrial TV.
11. How to transform content into unmissable entertainment and rediscover succinct and resonant storytelling with agency Evidently and their client Burger King.
12. How to use data to design experiences that care about customers and dynamically target audiences and respond to context with the UK head of design agency Code and Theory.
13. How to cultivate the entrepreneurial mindset from a selection of Forbes 30 Under 30 entrepreneurs who are building, scaling and even selling successful businesses.
14. How Hootsuite thinks about the power of community engagement and the value of real #BrandLove and customer advocacy.
15. How LAD publishing has experienced meteoric growth and what agencies like Ogilvy and brands like UNILAD think about the future of news publishing in this demographic.
16. How agencies like We Are Social helps brands including adidas and Domino’s Pizza master Snapchat, one of the fastest growing social media platforms out there.
To see more #SMWLDN events, visit our schedule page. If you haven’t registered to attend, there are still spots available for you to join. View our pass options page and lock in your spot for this September 13-16.
Want to write for Social Media Week?
We're looking for individuals around the globe to contribute articles on marketing, media, technology, and more.