Over the past eight years, the Internet has allowed for a new generation of content creators and innovators from across the African Diaspora to share ideas, tell fresh stories and network with each other in ways never seen before. This has created not only a new platform for fresh content, but also an opportunity for individuals around the world to be exposed to new insights, music, culture and perspectives from those around the world who share a similar ancestral past.
This panel will feature six influential digital content creators, each representing a different part of the African Diaspora, as they discuss ways in which narratives about Africa and the Diaspora are being represented and shaped in the digital space.
Some of the topics explored will include:
* Challenges faced in setting up a digital business and building a global readership
* Opportunities developed by broadening readership and connecting with other members of the Diaspora online
* Digital trends recognized with people of color in other parts of the world
* The power of using digital media to tell stories not shown on traditional media
* What the future holds: How can the digital space help to change perceptions, open minds and create new opportunities for a new generation of content creators and innovators around the globe
* Other tools and social media strategies used to boost readership across the Diaspora
There will be a 15-minute Q&A with each of the panelists immediately following the discussion.