The online critic. Masters of the social media universe and opinionated as all hell. Their word carries more power than you may know.
According to a 2011 Nielsen study, 78% of people said they trust a consumer opinion posted online while only 58% of them said they trust a branded website or newspaper article. That means that a random stranger walking into a business is more important to an average consumer than the information business owners are putting out. That’s both terrifying and truly exciting.
So who are these critics with all this power? Alex Shebar, London’s Community Director for Yelp.co.uk, will lead a panel with some of the superusers on the site as well as local business owners to talk about why they review online, what they look for when reviewing and how business owners can connect with them!
Then we’ll end with a free social media beer keg happy hour! Huzzah!
- Who are these online reviewers and what do they do?
- How you can manage your own online profile.
- Should you be checking your own online reviews? (again: yes)
- After you answered yes to that last question, how to check your online reviews.
- The future of online reviews and mobile applications.
When: Thursday, 25 September at 7pm.
Where: The Yelp London Offices, Marylebone