You don’t have to have a man jumping from space to be able to have a successful socially powered event
From local events to worldwide record breaking phenomena, Lexis will host a fun workshop sharing insight and best practice around socially powered live events, and how mass participation drives engagement and advocacy in all forms of communication.
Tessa Barrera, former Head of Social Media at Red Bull, will discuss Red Bull Stratos, and how social media played a crucial part in the award winning campaign. She’ll provide a unique perspective on engaging fans and allowing them to lead a conversation about the brand which drives content from the community. She’ll discuss strategies for creating shareable moments by allow events to be consumer rather than brand led. The event will run through a series of best practices when integrating social and digital into live events, no matter what size.
The workshop is targeted at all interested in integrating social media and digital communications into events, from charities and SMEs to large agencies and organisations.
- How experiences not only engage the people attending, They reverberate to reach a far wider audience
- Creating a personal social experience, rather than reaching people purely from brand broadcasting: Understanding how and why people share, and designing authentic experiences to encourage them to share.
- Understanding how events can have the wow factor no matter the size- to make sure to engage the people who are attending to share their experience further
- Starting from the ground up to build events differently: with social triggers built in at key moments before, during and after the event, this allows events to have that social ripple- and allows us to tap into a huge secondary audience
- Cost per head – this is the standard way for an events agency to divide up your budget spend but by weaving in social, but we investigate how to enhance the cost per head with the wider social reaction, thinking rather cost per engagement.
Tessa Barrera – Head of Social at Lexis