BSports, Bloomberg’s sub-division focusing on sports analytics, will host a panel event exploring the use of sports data for social and digital marketing. The panel will discuss the opportunities available to companies in using sports data to leverage a global sporting audience.
Key discussion points will include:
- How performance data & social media can be used to capitalise on the popular culture of sport
– Development of technology & use of data in broadcasts.
– Sports numbers as a universal language
- The benefits associated with providing free data for sports fans via digital
– The evolving relationship between sports fans and performance statistics & data
– Objective analysis as a vital ingredient in the subjective debates of fans
- How companies with no link to sports become active in this area
– Sponsorship opportunities & case studies we can learn from
- The risks involved in using sports data analytics in social media
– Accuracy, context and consistency
This session will be chaired by Bill Squadron, President of Bloomberg Sports.