In this panel early thinkers, adopters, builders and designers of the building blocks of the Internet of Things that some believe to be geared towards ‘total connectivity’, will show their latest work and projects.
Can we envisage a Facebook of Things; my coffeepot surely likes your teapot style? Or we will see a radical change and products will monitor themselves more and start making suggestions? Will Google simply take over every datafied offline space as well? What kind of future Internet infrastructure are we building and what is the role of public policy? What does Internet of Things means for Social Media, Customer Relation Management, Advertising and storytelling? What new kind of jobs can we foresee? What kind of skills are best tuned to IoT. Can we build a balance between online and offline experience or will IoT engender a hybrid reality where the generations to come simply have no more clue about what their grandparents mean with reality?
Session Chair: Francesca Bria, Researcher and Teaching Associate Imperial College London; Senior Adviser Nesta –http://www.nesta.org.uk/
- Matt Webb, CEO and Principal at Berg – http://berglondon.com/
- Usman Haque, Director of Haque Design + Research – http://www.haque.co.uk/
- Jessi Baker, Designer & Creative Technologist Co-founder of Provenance – www.jessibaker.com
- Rob van Kranenburg, Author and Founder of Council – http://www.theinternetofthings.eu/
- Andy Hobsbawn, Founder and Chief Marketing Officer Evrythng – http://www.evrythng.com/