Brand created content vs. user- generated content: which will allow brands to best engage with consumers? How do brands consistently generate significant amounts of high quality content?
As we increasingly see the world through our social media feeds, connecting with consumers becomes more complex. Providing trusted content, in the right context, in the right channel at the right time is the winning formula.
User-generated content collected by brands is not only the foundation of a successful social strategy – it makes whole multichannel strategies social. It can provide a unifying constant for brands to stitch into their offline and online activity that is engaging and trustworthy.
Companies that start to embed customer content in all its forms in their brand touchpoints will benefit from:
• Greater unity between channels, offline and online, and therefore a more seamless customer journey.
• Stronger engagement with touchpoints featuring UGC, whether that’s time on site or greater dwell time in-stores
• Increased trust thanks to the transparency and interactivity generated by UGC.
• Fiercer loyalty and a greater lifetime value from the customer.
• The brand differentiation from competitors that attracts business.