Announcing the Initial Schedule of Events for #SMWLA
Register for #SMWLA, which takes place this June 13-16 bringing together thousands of leaders in media, entertainment, and technology.
This June, Social Media Week returns to Los Angeles for a week of thought-provoking and educational events, and today we’re thrilled to release the initial program for #SMWLA.
Please note that the initial schedule release is just a small sample of what’s to come, with more events rolling out over the next several weeks.
Some highlights of the initial #SMWLA program include:
- “Storytelling Through Images” (Hosted by Brit + Co)
- “The Convergence of Culture and Commerce: Creating Cultural Contagion” (Hosted by Doner)
- “How Legacy Brands Break Through Walled Gardens with Compelling Creative” (Hosted by Adaptly)
- “The Recipe For a Global Phenomenon: How Food Videos Became the Language of the Web” (Hosted by Tastemade)
- “VR: From Passion Project to Cinematic Blockbuster” (Hosted by The Mill)
- “Instagram Killed The Television Star” (Hosted by Crowdtap)
- “Conquering Facebook with Content: How to Grow Your Audience Without Paying for It” (Hosted by Machinima)
- “Drop the R: It’s Influence Marketing not Influencer Marketing” (Hosted by WHOSAY)
- “Adventures in Food, hosted by BuzzFeed Motion Pictures” (Hosted by BuzzFeed)
- “The Science Of Storytelling: Why Just Having Video Content Is No Longer Enough” (Hosted by SoulPancake)
- “The Importance of Data in Social Media Marketing” (Hosted by Live Nation)
We’re adding more events to the schedule over the coming weeks, including panels and talks lead by media and technology’s most creative and innovative leaders.
The Eli and Edythe Broad Stage
This year’s conference will take place once again at The Eli and Edythe Broad Stage, a beautiful venue featuring a 500-person theatre, plus co-working lounges where you can meet with colleagues or clients, connect to WiFi to get your normal work done, and space to relax as you enjoy the incredible sessions throughout the week.
There is also a WORKSHOP experience that will take place at an adjacent stage called “The Edye” which holds up to 100 people. Workshop events are intimate, hands-on events for #SMWLA attendees to learn the latest skills, best practices, and future trends across media, marketing, technology, and entertainment. Look on the schedule for the events taking place at The Edye.
If you haven’t registered yet, there’s still time to secure your pass at an early bird discounted rate and join over 1,000 industry professionals coming to Los Angeles this June 13-16.
Want to write for Social Media Week?
We're looking for individuals around the globe to contribute articles on marketing, media, technology, and more.