12:30 PM - 2:00 PM
Hosted by Frankfurt Kurnit
Expert Dojo 395 Santa Monica Place #308 Santa Monica CA 90401
This is an independently organized event and not part of the official program. HQ passholders must register separately if they wish to attend.
A good “chatbot” or “social bot” can improve customer experience, reduce costs, and build your brand. But while chatbots can yield many benefits, they can also pose legal and business challenges. How can your marketing department deploy chatbots effectively? Frankfurt Kurnit, one of the nation’s leading media and entertainment law firms, will take the Social Media Week audience on another plain English tour of key legal issues governing social media marketing — focusing this time on chatbots. Our free, interactive presentation (including lunch!) — will help social media experts and other marketers reduce the legal risk associated with chatbots. Topics include:
- Nourishing your chatbot. To render accurate answers to customers, your chatbots need access to accurate information. How do social media marketers and their technology teams “educate” their chatbots? We’ll provide a quick primer on the technology and concerns raised by data mining.
- Platform terms. What are some of the main platform restrictions at play when using chatbots? Do platforms like Facebook allow you to send promotional push notifications through a bot? How long do you have to respond to consumers? We’ll cover the key platform rules governing your chatbot functionality.
- User data and privacy. Chatbots solicit and collect a significant amount of information from consumers, including personal information. Whose privacy policies govern the collection, use, and sharing of this information, and what laws may apply? What disclosures should you be making in your policies?
- Marketing disclosures. Chatbot disclosures are hard. How do you include “clear and conspicuous” disclaimers in a conversational environment? Our panel will provide some guidance on best practices.
- Children and other high risk audiences. The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act governs the collection of information from children under 13. What issues do you need to look out for when creating chatbots for general audience websites? Also, what concerns arise when collecting data from consumers outside the U.S.? We’ll cover some of the provisions you can put in your contracts to mitigate risk.
- Lose weight and have perfect skin. Does your chatbot make claims about how well your product or service works? Federal and state laws require you to have “back up” for these claims. How do you ensure that your chatbot is effectively communicating only truthful claims about your products and services?
- Data security and incident response. No system is completely secure. What will you do when a third-party breaches the chatbot environment? We’ll help you anticipate problems — and get ready.
Registration, networking and lunch from 12:30 to 1:00; presentation from 1:00 to 2:00. More networking after!
Venue & Location
Expert Dojo395 Santa Monica Place #308
Santa Monica, CA 90401