In 2017, more than 1.3 billion people used Facebook Messenger. Brands are now leveraging Messenger and other chatbot platforms to communicate directly with consumers and deliver relevant content using Big Data and AI technology. Chatbot use will only continue to grow with the recently-launched Facebook plugin that allows brands to integrate Messenger into their own services.
While chatbots can help brands become closer to consumers, they can also create legal and ethical challenges. Join marketing and legal professionals for a discussion of the chatbot ecosystem and concerns posed by chatbot use.
Attend this session and learn:
- How to leverage data to develop effective chatbot marketing campaigns
- How “old” privacy and marketing laws apply to this emerging opportunity
- What platform guidelines exist and what they mean for your business
- What happens when algorithms go wrong and how to navigate the ethical implications
- How to balance “can do” with “should do” when dealing with bots
- How to sidestep the ethical risk of implicit bias when dealing with bots