Join us for our panel with startups which focus on social good. Speakers from LA-based startups will share how their business incorporates social media for social good, and how they use Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and other social media to increase awareness, increase donations and fundraising, promote fundraising events, work with celebs and influencers, and measure results.
Regus Santa Monica
REQUIRES SEPARATE REGISTRATION
– Moderator: Kevin Winston, Digital LA, Founder and CEO. @DigitalLA @kevinwinston
– Hillary Newman, Omaze, Director of Social Media. Omaze partners with celebrities and entertainment and social causes. Omaze recently completed a Star Wars campaign which JJ Abrams tweeted about, where people who donated for a cause could win Star Wars filming access opportunities. @omaze.
– Cooper Harris. Klickly, CEO / Founder. Klickly is a pro-social donations software platform, based in Santa Monica. Klickly has recently organized donation campaigns in association with Red Cross, UNICER, Marron 5, and Justin Timberlake, using social media to increase donation and fund-raising conversion rates. @klicklyteam @cooperharris
– Sara Gershfeld, Love My Provider, Founder. Love My Provider helps parents of autistic children find the best care providers via a searchable database of more than 30,000 providers. Sara has used Twitter on her own to get all of her PR leads, including a TechCrunch article. @lovemyprovider
– Brit Moore, The Giving Keys, Managing Director. The Giving Keys employs those transitioning out of homelessness to make inspirational jewelry and accessories out of repurposed keys. Each stamped key is one of a kind and is meant to be passed on to someone who needs of the message on the key more than the person wearing it. The Giving keys has collected over 700 stories of the keys being passed around the world and has helped 19 people transition out of homelessness. 10,000 Twitter followers via @thegivingkeys @britlmoore.
– Ann Wang, Enrou, Co-Founder/ CEO. Enrou is an online central marketplace for consumers to buy products from socially conscious fashion and lifestyle brands that work in community development around the globe. Enrou uses social media including Facebook, Instagram to promote products and will start to use it more to tell the stories of the product creators and artists. Enrou recently graduate from the Startup UCLA summer accelerator program. @enrou_
– Jasmine Youssefzadeh, Filmanthropos, Founder. filmanthropos is a creative agency that specializes in storytelling and engagement campaigns. Using new media as a platform, filmanthropos leverages the power of authentic storytelling to engage audiences and drive them towards taking action. @filmanthropos
– This panel is part of Digital LA’s several Social Media Week LA panels.
– 6-6:15. Checkin-in and Networking
– 6:15-7p Panel w Q&A
SPONSOR this event – email email@example.com w SOCIAL as the subject.
PARKING: Nearby street parking (read signs carefully) or park in underground Yahoo Center lot standard rates, no validation
ABOUT Regus Santa Monica center is a business office center where startups and small businesses can rent monthly offices or access to the open work space. @Regus_USA